Aditi Sharma teaches Pharmacology and conducts research in Osteoporosis. She qualified GPAT (2014) and received PhD (2020) in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Shoolini University, Solan (HP) India. With over five years of teaching experience, her academic contributions include several international scientific papers, reviews published by Elsevier, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, Wiley, and Bentham Science as well as conference papers with 150 citations, 6 h-index, and 7 i10-index.
Aditi Sharma has presented her research work at various national and international conferences and received first prize for her PhD work presentation in two international conferences. She was awarded the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) 2020 Travel Award. A registered pharmacist with the Himachal Pradesh State Pharmacy Council since May 2013, she is also a life member of the FIP.
At present, Aditi Sharma is engaged in research to treat bone-related problems in post-menopausal women, particularly osteoporosis. Her area of research is post-menopausal osteoporosis, bone diseases, and research on natural products.
She is actively engaged in various capacities in the university, like reviewer in scientific journals, and other committees. She is the university’s GPAT coordinator and in-charge of the department’s cultural and co-curriculum activities.
- Sharma A, Sharma L, Saini RV, Kumar A, Goyal R. Pinus roxburghii alleviates bone porosity and loss in postmenopausal osteoporosis by regulating estrogen, calcium homeostasis and receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB, osteoprotegerin, cathepsin bone markers. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2021. doi: 10.1093/jpp/rgaa014.
- Sharma A, Behl T, Sharma L, Aelya L, Bungau S. Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Huntington's disease: Pathogenesis and Therapeutic Opportunities. Curr Drug Targets. 2021. doi: 10.2174/1389450122666210224105945.
- Sharma A, Sharma L, Goyal R. Molecular Signaling Pathways and Essential Metabolic Elements in Bone Remodeling: An Implication of Therapeutic Targets for Bone Diseases. Current drug targets. 2021.
- Sharma L, Sharma A, Dash AK, Bisht GS, Gupta GL. A standardized polyherbal preparation POL-6 diminishes alcohol withdrawal anxiety by regulating Gabra1, Gabra2, Gabra3, Gabra4, Gabra5 gene expression of GABAA receptor signaling pathway in rats. BMC Complement Med Ther. 2021, 6; 21(1):13.
- Sharma A, Sharma L, Goyal R. GC/MS Characterization, in-vitro Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory and Antimicrobial Activity of Essential Oils from Pinus Plant Species from Himachal Pradesh, India. Journal of essential oil bearing plants. 2020, 23(3), 522-531.
- Behl T, Sharma A, Sharma L, Sehgal A, Zengin G, Brata R, Fratila O, Bungau S. Exploring the Multifaceted Therapeutic Potential of Withaferin A and Its Derivatives. Biomedicines. 2020; 8 (12), 571.
- Sharma L, Sharma A, Goyal R, Alam J. "Pinus Roxburghii Sarg. Ameliorates Alzheimer?s disease- Type Neurodegeneration and Cognitive Deficits Caused by Intracerebroventricular-Streptozotocin in Rats: An In Vitro and In Vivo Study. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020, 82(5): 861-870.
- Kumar D, Sharma A, Sharma L.* A comprehensive review of Alzheimer's association with related proteins: Pathological role and therapeutic significance. Current Neuropharmacology. 2020.
- Sharma L, Sharma A, Gupta GL, Bisht GS. Acute and Sub-acute. “Oral Toxicity Assessment of a Standardized Polyherbal PreparationPOL-6 in Rats”, The Natural Products Journal. 2019, 9(3): 207-216.
- Rathore C, Upadhyay NK, Sharma A, Lal UR, Raza K, Negi P. Phospholipid nano formulation of thymoquinone with enhanced bioavailability: Development, characterization and anti-inflammatory activity. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 2019, 52: 316-324.
- Sharma A, Sharma L, Goyal R. A review on himalayan pine species: Ethnopharmacological, phytochemical and pharmacological aspects. Pharmacognosy Journal 2018, 10(4): 611-619.
- Chauhan S, Sharma A, Upadhyay NK, Singh G, Lal UR, Goyal R. In-vitro osteoblast proliferation and in-vivo anti-osteoporotic activity of Bombax ceiba with quantification of Lupeol, gallic acid and β-sitosterol by HPTLC and HPLC. BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2018, 18(1): 233.
- Sharma L, Sharma A, Gupta GL, Bisht GS. “Protective effect of Ocimum sanctum Linn. leaf extract on ethanol withdrawal syndrome in Wistar rats”, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. 2018, 11(8):423-428.
- Sharma L, Sharma A, Gupta GL, Bisht GS. “Pharmacological Evaluation of Bacopa monnieri Extract against Depressive like Behavior by Ethanol Withdrawal in Rats.” Pharmacognosy Journal. 2018, 10(6):s73-78.
- Sharma A, Goyal R, Sharma L. “Potential biological efficacy of Pinus plant species against oxidative, inflammatory and microbial disorders” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicines. 2016, 16:35.
- Sharma L, Sharma A, Gupta GL. Standardization of a polyherbal preparation (POL–6) for treatment of oxidative, inflammatory and immune disorders” International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016, 8(3): 129-134.