M.Sc., Ph.D. Agriculture (Genetics and Plant Breeding)
Deepak Kumar is an Assistant Professor at the MS Swaminathan School of Agriculture, Shoolini University, Solan (HP) India where he teaches and conducts research in evaluation of germplasm and hybridization programme in pulses and cereals. He was awarded PhD (2017) in Agriculture (Genetics and Plant Breeding) from ANDUAT, Kumarganj, Ayodhya, (UP) India. His area of research is Studies on ‘‘Heterosis, Gene Action and Combining Ability” for yield and its component in Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.).
He was awarded National Fellowship during his doctorate programme at ANDUAT, Ayodhya, by the UGC; the Young Scientist Award in the field of Genetics and Plant Breeding at the second International Conference on Food & Agriculture, 2018, and he participated on Commercial Mushroom Production training conducted by the Institute of Horticulture Technology, Greater Noida-Uttar Pradesh.
Deepak Kumar holds more than four years of teaching experience and his academic contributions include several NAAS rating papers, authored book of Introduction to genetics and Plant Breeding published by Parmar Publication, Dhanbad, Jharkhand as well as Poster Presentation ISPP North Zonal Seminar on Crop Productivity and Stress Management” organized by CSAUAT, Kanpur (U.P.) and Indian Society of Plant Physiology New Delhi.
He has a good exposure in the establishment of all agriculture laboratories as per ICAR 5th Dean’s Committee Report. At present, he is supervising MSc Agriculture students and is a field instructor to develop, maintain and harvest different generations of Kharif and Rabi crops in the experimental fields of Shoolini University. He is a nature lover and is dedicated to environmental protection.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- D. Kumar, R. K. Srivastava, P. K. Yadav, Ashwani Kumar1 and R. S. Yadav 2 (2017) Inter- relationships and path analysis for yield attributes in wheat (Triticum aestivium L.), Plant Archives, 17(1) pp. 362-366.
- D. Kumar, Anurag Kumar, R. K. Srivastava & Ashwani Kumar (2017) Studies on Variability, Heritability and Genetic Advance in Some Quantitative Characters in Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.), International Journal of Botany and Research (IJBR) 7(4) pp 37-40.
- D. Kumar, Anurag Kumar, Ashwani Kumar, Simranjit Kaur and Anand Kumar Yadav (2018) Combining ability for yield attributing traits in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.), Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(1) pp. 2730-2735.
- Anurag Kumar, Shiva Nath, Anubhav Kumar, Anand Kumar Yadav and D. Kumar (2018) Combining ability analysis for yield and yield contributing traits in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(1) pp. 2522- 2527.
- Ashwani Kumar, AK Razdan, Vivek Sharma, Nimit Kumar and D. Kumar (2018) Study of heterosis and inbreeding depression for economic and biochemical traits in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(4) pp. 558-564.
- Simranjit Kaur, D. Kumar, Anurag Kumar and Jai Kuamr Yadav(2018) Effect of IBA and PHB on roots and shoots of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) cuttings cv. Ganesh, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 7(6) pp. 1251-1254.
Co-Author book ‘‘Introduction to Genetics and Plant Breeding’’ (2021) published by Parmar Publication 854, KG Ashram, Bhuinphod, Gobindpur Road, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, ISBN:978-81-925878-7-7.