Nisha Kapoor teaches at the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication. She is also a researcher there. She is NET qualified and received a Junior Research Fellowship in 2012. PhD from Punjabi University Patiala, she holds nine years of teaching experience in higher education. Kapoor has also worked as an anchor in two live shows, which were based on Politics and Sports at Doordarshan Kendra Shimla (DD Shimla).
1. Kumari, Nisha. 2013: “Print Media Coverage of Crime against Women: Need for a Positive Approach.”, Published in 4th International Conference on Women, Peace and Security, Publication Bureau Punjabi University, . ISBN 978-81-302-0240-2.
- Paper Presented
2. Paper presented in International Conference on ‘Women, Peace and Security’, Organised by Women’s Study Centre, Punjabi University Patiala in October 26-27, 2012
- Paper titled “Print Media Coverage of Crime against Women: Need for a Positive Approach.”
3. Paper presented in 7th International Conference on ‘Empowering women, empowering humanity’ Organized by Women’s Studies Centre Punjabi University Patiala in 11th -112th December 2015.
- Paper titled Portrayal of women in Indian Television Advertisements: content analysis.
4. Paper Presented in International conference on ‘Communication for social change and development: Imperatives and Constraints’, Organised by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, HPU in September 18-19, 2015.
- Paper titled “Empowering youth: use of social media in shaping future”
5. Paper presented in 10th International Conference on ‘Transforming Lives of the “Unreached” Women through Collective Activism’, Organised by Women’s Studies Centre, Punjabi University Patiala.
- Paper titled “Role of New Media in Transforming the Lives of Unreached Women in India”
6. Presented Paper in at 6th Annual conference on Promoting Excellence in Women Development: the way Forward for Progress. Organized by Women’s Studies Centre Punjabi University Patiala in 30th -31th October 2014
- Paper titled Role of Social Media and Women liberalization: A positive approach towards women empowerment
7. Presented Paper in a National Seminar on Challenging the ‘Global’: Journalism in the Digital Age Organized by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication Himachal Pradesh University on 18th September 2012 Paper titled Changing Societies & Trends through Digitalization of Media.
8. Paper presented in National Seminar on Images of Women in India, Organised by Mata Ganga Khalsa College for Girls Kottan, Manji Sahib.
9. Paper titled “Role of Media in Constructing the Image of Women”
- Participated in Three day Workshop on ‘An Introduction to Data Analysis using SPSS’ organised by Educational Multimedia Research Centre in collaboration with Punjabi Computer Help Centre from 7th June to 9th June 2016.
- Participated in One Day Workshop on ‘Education through ICT- Role of EMRCs and other Stakeholders, Organised by Educational Multimedia Research Centre, Punjabi University Patiala on May 05, 2017
- Participated in Ten Days Research Methodology course in Social Science jointly Organized by Central University of Himachal Pradesh and Indian Council of Social Science Research (20th to 29th May 2013)
- Participated in a North Zone Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility: Corporate Communication, Organized by PRSI( Public Relations Society of India, Shimla Chapter ) 04-05th October 2014