Biotechnology is a combination of many streams —mathematics, chemistry, biology, and technology. It involves understanding and knowledge drawn through these multiple disciplines. Biotechnology has its applications in diverse areas of our lives like healthcare, pharmacy, food production, animal husbandry, agriculture, textiles, nutrition and many more.
Various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs are available under Biotechnology such as:
- BTech Biotechnology Research
- BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
- BSc (Hons) Industrial Microbiology
- BSc (Hons) Microbiology Research
- MTech Biotechnology
- MSc Food Technology Research
- MSc Microbiology Research
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Cancer Biology
- PhD Microbiology
In this blog, we will learn everything about BTech Biotechnology with Summit Research Program, but first, let’s get a basic knowledge of BTech Biotechnology.
What is BTech Biotechnology?
BTech Biotechnology, a 4-year undergraduate level degree program, is a combination of applied biology and chemical engineering that deals with the environment of living things.
The program introduces students to modern Biotechnology via Nanobiotechnology, bioinformatics, genomics, base drug design, etc. BTech in Biotechnology has applicability in numerous fields including agriculture, manufacturing process, and medicine among others.
Let us now understand BTech Biotechnology with research in detail.
Why you should choose BTech Biotechnology with research?
- BTech Biotechnology with research provides students with the opportunity to work on real research projects which equip them with the much-needed experience and exposure.
- Students are able to generate research papers and patents in their names.
- Research papers and patents help students pursue higher education in the best institutions in the world. In the Summit Research Programs, the faculty helps students file patents and expand their research knowledge.
Enhances Knowledge: Research on any topic gives you the detailed information. The more details or facts you have, the more successful will be the research. So, in order to derive that output, students conduct maximum research to enhance their knowledge.
Know the interest: Research helps students realise their area of interest.
Many times students aspire to become researchers only in the near future which is especially helpful.
So, we can say that the research not only helps with the accomplishment of the work but it also assists in understanding what is needed to be done in the future.
BTech Biotechnology Summit Research Program at Shoolini University
Shoolini University is a top-ranked university, located in the foothills of the Himalayas. The university follows a research-based approach. Industry trends in the field of biotechnology are a guiding force at this university and students are encouraged to conduct independent research and file patents.
- BTech Biotechnology Summit Research Program at Shoolini University is a unique research-oriented degree program that prepares students for global challenges at leading academic institutions and corporate R&D teams.
- Fully integrated with the regular engineering curriculum, the Summit Research Program provides hands-on exposure to pioneering research in state-of-the-art global research environments, experience with writing technical papers, personal mentorship, and interactions with internationally acclaimed research practitioners and experts.
- With innovative research in specialised labs and facilities, our scholars develop the intellect required to pursue their passion in the world’s best institutions and take on challenging roles in high-tech start-ups or pioneer research in the corporate world.
- Shoolini University’s BTech Biotechnology graduates are already pursuing Master’s programs at some of the most reputed universities in the world, including:
Shoolini University Scholarships
Need-Blind admission policy:
Summit Research scholars are selected entirely on their merit and aptitude to succeed in the program. Shoolini University is committed to selecting the crème de la crème of the candidates without any financial limitations. University follows a Need-Blind admission policy, where financial support is provided, even up to full scholarship.
If a student is passionate about research and life sciences, Shoolini University will ensure that their finances do not come in the way of them reaching their full potential and becoming the leaders of tomorrow. So if you think you are passionate enough but you don’t have the financial support, don’t worry, you can still get yourself enrolled in the program through the scholarship.
Now, let’s learn about the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for pursuing BTech Biotechnology with research at Shoolini University, a student should have completed Class XII with any of the three subjects including physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, electronics, information technology, biology, informatics practices, biotechnology, technical vocational subject, agriculture, engineering graphics, business studies, and entrepreneurship.
They should have a minimum of 60% in the 10+2 examination.
Faculty interaction will also be done for these candidates at the time of admission.
Established more than a decade ago, Shoolini is highly acclaimed for its high standard of education and research impact. A top 200 university of the world (THE Impact).
In addition, NIRF has ranked it consistently among the leading institutes of higher education. Continuing its pursuance of excellence, the university has received outstanding accolades and recognition for parameters such as student output, research output, and academic facilities.
Some Key Rankings:
- Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2022: Shoolini is Top 200 Global University
- QS World University Rankings 2022-ASIA:
- Overall 271-280
- 1st in India (Citation)
- 6th in Asia (Citation)
- Shoolini is also among the Top 3 patent filers
Shoolini University’s highly qualified and learned faculty members comprise nationally and internationally renowned academicians and industry leaders recognised globally for their outstanding achievements.
Most of them have done their doctoral and postdoctoral work at global institutions in India, USA, UK, Europe, China and more. The emphasis is on quality teaching and high-impact research work. Most faculty members have received awards, grants and recognition in their fields of interest, which provides an ideal platform for learning in sophisticated labs of Biotechnology, Microbiology and Food Technology.
Career after BTech Biotechnology Research Program
There is ample scope for aspirants who have completed BTech Biotechnology Research Program. This innovative research-oriented degree program prepares students to meet global challenges at leading academic institutions and corporate R&D teams.
Here is a list of job opportunities after the BTech Biotechnology Research Program:
- R&D Scientist
- New Process Development Officer
- Research Scientists in Institutions
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Quality Control Head
- Scientific Research Fellow in R&D institutions
- Government organisations
This unique research-oriented degree program is a promising career option. After completing a professional degree in this field, you can explore numerous career options. Not only can one expect lucrative packages, but also have the satisfaction of doing something for the betterment of society.