If this question is on your mind, then yes, you can build a successful career in Business Management even after doing a BA programme. An MBA degree is much sought after in the global professional arena and is the right choice for any student who wants to succeed in life. A diverse range of MBA courses and specializations are available in India and abroad. All one has to do is fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by respective universities regarding the course. Now, you are ready to pursue the degree in your desired specialization.
Why MBA after BA?
Students who are planning to make a career in management are always worried about whether they can do an MBA after a BA programme. So, let me tell you that you can pursue MBA after completing a bachelor’s in any stream, be it Commerce, Arts, or Science.
A BA programme is a diverse programme in which a student studies a little about many different subjects rather than studying one subject in depth. However, when we talk about MBA, it is specific, career-oriented, and has many specializations. So, choosing MBA after a BA programme will work out splendidly for you. You can make a mark in the global arena, set up your own business, or even become an HR head of a big organization.
MBA after BA : Eligibility criteria
Students must know the eligibility criteria, which is common for all MBA programmes. For MBA admissions, students must have completed their 3-year undergraduate degrees from a recognized board. Some colleges such as IIT Kharagpur require a bachelor’s degree of 4 years. Students need to score a minimum of 50% in the undergraduate degree, then only are they eligible to apply for various MBA entrance exams. Personal Interviews and Group Discussions are included in the MBA selection process in India.
In the case of Executive MBA courses and MBA abroad, there are some other prerequisites like work experience of a minimum of 2 years. Candidates who fail to satisfy the above eligibility criteria are barred from appearing in the exam and will not be considered for MBA admissions.
Read the next section to know about the specializations in MBA and the common entrance tests for BA graduates.
MBA and its specializations
This professional programme is popular worldwide and some of the top business schools and universities offer a wide variety of MBA programs with specializations. You can choose from any one of them for a successful career in management.
So, what are the options available? How is one is different from the other? And which MBA specializations are in high demand
- MBA in Finance– one of the most popular specializations is focused on planning & controlling the finances of any industry. There are a certain set of skills that one must possess to make a mark in this field. The skills include- Leadership, Communication, strategic thinking, and supervisory.
- MBA in Marketing- This specialization focuses on businesses that rely on promoting products and services. It transforms consumers’ demand into products, which the company promotes in the marketplace.
- MBA in Human Resource- This focuses on the knowledge of human resources which leads to the success of a company. Here you study all about recruiting, employee policy, team building, conducting induction programmes, increments, employee health & safety, and more. all this field requires is good communication and management skills.
- MBA in Business Analytics- Students learn how to create business strategies based on data. They learn to process huge data to generate results and provide solutions and strategies for the growth of a business.
- MBA in Information Technology- This management course prepares you to do business that completely relies on technology. The professionals manage all the information technology resources of a company.
- MBA in Entrepreneurship- If you have a business idea and thinking to give it a shape the MBA in this field is the right choice for you. This field will help you to take responsibility in a variety of fields and will provide resources needed in various fields to support your ideas and help realise your visions.
Common Entrance tests to take admission in MBA after BA
MBA admissions in India are mainly conducted through entrance tests like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc. Students who clear one of these tests are eligible to take admissions in business schools.
Common Admission Test, conducted every year by every year by IIMs. The exam includes 3 sections namely, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension. This exam opens the gateway to the top B-schools.
Management Aptitude Test, conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) is another option for students who want to pursue. It is conducted 4 times a year and is available in both online and offline modes. It includes 5 sections namely, Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Indian and Global Environment, and Intelligence and Critical Reasoning.
Xavier Aptitude Test is conducted by the Xavier Institute of Management (XLRI Jamshedpur) every year. It opens the door to 150+ top MBA colleges in India including XLRI, XIMB, IMT, and others. It consists of 4 sections namely, Decision Making, General Knowledge, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and Verbal and Logical Ability.
Graduate Management Admission Test is the management test for admissions in management and business schools globally
Want to study this programme in the lap of nature?
Shoolini University in Himachal Pradesh (Solan) is one of the top-ranked universities in the state. It offers a cutting-edge MBA programme designed by experts of industry and academics. The programme is ranked in the 76-100 band in Management as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Govt. of India. The programme equips students with the knowledge, mentorship, network, exposure, and experience they need to transform their careers.
It provides an entrepreneurial business environment where our world-class faculty and skill-based programming will build your business expertise and the confidence to support your long-term career goals.
The key features of the MBA programme at Shoolini University
- World-class infrastructure
- Top rankings (76-100 NIRF)
- Top 65 Business Schools of India (NIRF)
- Industry-ready curriculum
- Globally acclaimed faculty
- Practical Learning
- Extensive global alumni network
- SPRINT, a skill development programme
- 100% placements record
- Top Specialisations in MBA programme
Specializations in MBA programme at Shoolini University
The university provides some of the best specializations in the MBA programme. They are listed below:
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resource
- Design Thinking
- Hospital and Healthcare Management
- Data Science
- International Relations
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Rural Management
- Public Policy
Don’t miss a chance to learn from India’s top university and explore the world. In case you’re still confused about anything, our counsellors can provide you with full assistance and guide you to make the right choice.
Yes, MBA can be pursued after Arts, Commerce or Science stream. You must score at least 50% in order to apply for different MBA entrance exams.