PhD Economics (3 years) at Shoolini University focuses on research in a specific subject within the broad field of Economics under the supervision of leading experts. Students learn to tackle global economic challenges while understanding theoretical debates in economics and business, analyse economic problems and evaluate the implications. They develop advanced technical skills to pursue innovative research work and gain access to the frontiers of knowledge.
Shoolini is a vibrant and active research hub with weekly seminars in macroeconomics, economic theory and applied economics. It inculcates valuable skills in students through research-based learning.
Students learn innovative business techniques in addition to spontaneous research analysis. The interdisciplinary nature of the subject, combined with its rigour, opens a plethora of opportunities for an Economics doctorate in areas spanning public policy and development, to data science, marketing, research and teaching.
Specialisations are available in micro and macroeconomics, monetary economics, international Economics, Theory of demand, Production and cost, Distribution, Market Theory, Money and Banking, etc.
As the one of the leading universities of India, Shoolini University offers a highly specialised Doctoral Programme in Economics.
- A+++ Rated Business School by Go Education
- All India No. 19 among Private Business Schools by Dainik Bhaskar
- Illustrious faculty from Oxford and varied national and global associations
- On-campus 24X7 Yogananda library with EBSCO access
- Students receive JRF at UG & PG levels
- Infrastructure guided by ICAR
- Research-based exchange programmes
A doctoral degree in Economics prepares students for wide range of career opportunities in various academic and information sectors, corporate sectors and organisations.
Key Areas of Research
Marketing | Finance | Human Resource Management | Economics | Teaching
Frequent Asked Questions
- Eligibility: Four year graduation degree by research or two year masters degree in Economics/ Business/ Management/ related discipline with minimum 55% marks
- Admission Criteria: Shoolini University's multiple choice entrance test, and assessment of research aptitude through concept note & faculty interaction
- Duration: 3 years
- Semester Fees: ₹75000
* One-time refundable security fee of Rs. 10,000