Associate Professor, PhD (AMU), Post Doc. University of Houston, USA & Auburn University, USA
Azhar Khan teaches Clinical and Biomedical sciences to UG & PG students. Associate Professor at the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, Khan has received Ph.D degree in Biochemistry from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. He worked on nosocomial and community associated MRSA infection during doctorate. He also pursued postdoctoral research in the field of Diabetes; Obesity mediated Hypertension from University of Houston, TX, USA and Auburn University, Alabama, USA. He received New Investigator Travel Award Trainees for HBPR-2012 by American Heart Association, USA.
Azhar's research includes elucidating the mechanism of antihypertensive bioactive compounds derived from medicinal plants from Western Himalayan region, mainly targeting for renin angiotensin system under the influence of diabetes and obesity and subsequently, exploring the anti-biofilm role of natural extracts against pathogenic bacteria.
- Khan, I., Chauhan, N., Pk, C., & Khan, M. A. (2019). Evaluation Of Phytoconstituents, And Antimicrobial And Antioxidant Activity Of Juglans Regia From Kashmir Region. Asian Journal Of Pharmaceutical And Clinical Research, 12(2), 89-92. https://Doi.Org/10.22159/Ajpcr.2019.V12i2.28800.
- Moudgil, V., Rana, R., Tripathi, P. K., Farooq, U., Sehgal, R., & Khan, M. A. (2019). Coprevalence of parasitic infections and diabetes in Sub-Himalayan region of Northern India. International journal of health sciences, 13(1), 19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6392483/
- Mankotia, J., Sethi, S., & Khan, M. A. (2019). Cartridge Based Nucleic Acid Amplification Test: The Sherlock of Tuberculosis. J Pure Appl Microbiol, 13(1), 179-182.https://dx.doi.org/10.22207/JPAM.13.1.18.
- Neha Chauhan, Pradeep Kumar, Umar Farooq and Azhar Khan. (2018). Efficacy of medicinal plants against biofilm forming bacteria playing important role in multidrug resistance. International Journal of Biology Pharmacy and Allied Sciences; 21 June. 2018: 7(8): 1512-1520. 10.31032/ijbpas/2018/7.8.4503.
- Tyagi, S., Alam, T., Khan, M. A., Tarannum, H., & Chauhan, N. (2018). Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using medicinal plant Anacyclus Pyrethrum and its antibacterial efficacy. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, 11(3), 515-520. 10.5958/0974-4150.2018.00092.5.
- Khan, I., & Khan, A. (2018). Medicinal Plants as Alternative Treatments for Oral Health Problems. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 11(9), 58-64. https://doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr.2018.v11i9.24918.
- Pathania, R., Kaushik, R., & Khan, M. A. (2018). Essential Oil Nanoemulsions and their Antimicrobial and Food Applications. Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science Journal, 6(3), 626-643. https://dx.doi.org/10.12944/CRNFSJ.6.3.05.
- Dhiman M, Bhatt N, Chauhan V, Farooq U, Khan A. (2017). The Emergence of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates from north India harboring a novel sasX gene: further analyzing its role in biofilm formation. Annals of Medical and Biomedical Sciences, 3(1):46-50.
- Bhatt, N., dhiman, M., chauhan, V., Khan, M. A., & Farooq, U. (2017). Pathogenesis of pvl positive methicillin resistance staphy-lococcus aureus isolates on human peripheral blood mononuclear cell. https://www.jmaa.co.uk/articles/2jmaa2017%2011-17.pdf.
- Chauhan, N., Farooq, U., & Khan, M. A. (2017). Efficacy of medicinal plants against human pathogens isolated from western himalayas of himachal pradesh. Asian j pharm clin res, 10(9), 353-357. 10.22159/ajpcr.2017.v10i9.19708.
- Negi, Sushila & Mohammad, Afroze & Tripathi, Praveen & Azhar Khan, & Gaur, Umar. (2017). Evaluation of the role of pro and anti-inflammatory cy-tokines in new endemic foci of Leishmania donovani prevalent in Sutlej river valley of Himachal Pradesh. Annals of British Medical Sciences. 3. 10-17.
- Bindra, S., Sharma, R., Khan, A., & Kulshrestha, S. (2017). Renewable energy Sources in different Generations of Bio-fuels with special Emphasis on Microalgae Derived Biodiesel as Sustainable industrial fuel Model. Biosciences Biotechnology Research Asia, 14(1), 259-274.
- Kapatia, A., Gupta, T., Sharma, M., Khan, A., & Kulshrestha, S. (2016). Isolation and analysis of genetic diversity amongst Sclerotinia sclerotiorum isolates infecting cauliflower and pea. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. Oct-2016; 15: 589-595
- Chauhan N, Khan MA and Farooq U. (2016). A Study of Molecular Characterization of the Trimethoprim Resistant Salmonella typhi Strains Prevalent in Himachal Pradesh. International Journal of Biosciences and Biotechnology, 8(3): 101-108.
- Rana D, Chauhan P.K. and Khan MA. (2016). Seasonal Studies on Antimicrobial Activities of Crude Hexane and Ethanolic Leaf Extracts of Acacia nilotica L. against E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans. Biological forum-An international Journal, 8 (2):290-296
- Rana D, Chauhan P.K. and Khan MA. (2016). Evaluation of Phytochemical and Antioxidant Properties of Leaf Extract of Acacia nilotica from different regions of Himachal Pradesh In Different Seasons. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences, 5(12): 3197-3208.
- Nag, S., Khan, M. A., Samuel, P., Ali, Q., & Hussain, T. (2015). Chronic angiotensin AT2R activation prevents high-fat diet-induced adiposity and obesity in female mice independent of estrogen. Metabolism, 64(7), 814-825. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.metabol.2015.01.019.
- Bhatt N, Dhiman M, Khan MA, Kashyap M, Chauhan N, Farooq U. (2015). Molecular characterization of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates from different regions of Himachal Pradesh. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences. 4(9): 5882-5889.
- Dhiman M, Bhatt N, Khan MA, Kashyap M, Chauhan N, Farooq U. (2015) Comparison of biofilm formation by conventional methods: microtiter plate, air-liquid interface cover slip and tube method by Staphylococcus aureus. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences, 4(9): 5874-5881.
- Rana, T., Kaur, N., Farooq, U., Khan, A., & Sngh, S. (2015). Efflux as an arising cause of drug resistance in Punjab-India. IJBPAS, 4(9), 5967-5979.
- Ali R, Chauhan V, Farooq S, Khan A, Farooq U. (2014). In-Vitro Analysis of Antibacterial Activity of Ocimum sanctum against Pathogenic Bacteria and Quantification of Ursolic Acid and Oleanolic Acid. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 25(2).
- Khan N, Kumar A, Sharma V, Khan Azhar and Farooq U. (2014). Ghaggar River: Impact of polluting agents. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 24(2); 171-175.
- Samuel, P., Khan, M. A., Nag, S., Inagami, T., & Hussain, T. (2013). Angiotensin AT2 receptor contributes towards gender bias in weight gain. PloS one, 8(1), e48425. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0048425
- Khan MA, Ahmad S, Banu N. (2010). “Molecular Characterization of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) from Keratitis Patients: a Micro-Epidemiological Analysis”. British J Ophthalmology. 94 :994-8. (IF: 2.72).
- Dar, J. A., Thoker, M. A., Khan, J. A., Ali, A., Khan, M. A., Rizwan, M., ... & Ahmad, S. (2006). Molecular epidemiology of clinical and carrier strains of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in the hospital settings of north India. Annals of clinical Microbiology and antimicrobials, 5(1), 22. https://doi.org/10.1186/1476-0711-5-22.
- Rana, R., Rana, B. S., Khan, M. A., Verma, A. K., & Rana, R. S. (2007). Detection of Thai sacbrood virus of Apis cerana F. from North-West India through RT-PCR. Pest Manage Econ Zool, 15, 195-199.
- R Rana, B S Rana, M Azhar Khan, M Rao, A K Verma, R S Rana. (2008). Molecular characterization of Thai sacbrood virus in Apis cerana Fabr. from North West India. Pest Management and Economic Zoology,Vol. 16 (II) .
- Rana, R., Rana, B. S., Kaushal, N., Kumar, D., Kaundal, P., Rana, K., ... & Sharma, H. K. (2011). Identification of sacbrood virus disease in honeybee, Apis mellifera L. by using ELISA and RT-PCR techniques. https://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/12100.