Azhar Khan teaches Clinical and Biomedical sciences to UG & PG students.Professor at the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, Khan has received Ph.D degree in Biochemistry from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. He worked on nosocomial and community associated MRSA infection during doctorate. He also pursued postdoctoral research in the field of Diabetes; Obesity mediated Hypertension from University of Houston, TX, USA and Auburn University, Alabama, USA. He received New Investigator Travel Award Trainees for HBPR-2012 by American Heart Association, USA.
Azhar's research includes elucidating the mechanism of antihypertensive bioactive compounds derived from medicinal plants from Western Himalayan region, mainly targeting for renin angiotensin system under the influence of diabetes and obesity and subsequently, exploring the anti-biofilm role of natural extracts against pathogenic bacteria.
- Hafiz Ahmad, Huma Khan, Shabirul Haque, Shameem Ahmad, Namita Srivastava, Azhar Khan. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme and Hypertension: A Systemic Analysis of Various ACE Inhibitors, Their Side Effects, and Bioactive Peptides as a Putative Therapy for Hypertension. Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System 2023. doi.org/10.1155/2023/7890188
- Bhanu Sharma, Md Tabish Rehman, Mohamed F AlAjmi, Moayad Shahwan, Tahir Hussain, Varun Jaiswal, Mohd Azhar Khan. Computational investigation of the impact of potential AT2R polymorphism on small molecule binding. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics. 2023 doi/full/10.1080/07391102.2023.2204492
- Shabirul Haque, Sanjukta Sengupta, Azhar Khan, Asok Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Maharaj Kishan Bhan, Ramesh Kumar, Bansilal Jailkhani: Immune response of S. Typhi-derived Vi polysaccharide and outer membrane protein A conjugate in mice. Pediatrics & Neonatology.2023. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedneo.2022.12.011)
- Bhanu Sharma, Azhar Khan, Varun Jaiswal. Exploring AT2R and its polymorphism in different diseases: An approach to develop AT2R as a drug target beyond hypertension. Current Drug Targets. 2022: 23(1); 99-113. DOI: 10.2174/1389450122666210806125919
- Ruhi Pathania, Agnieszka Najda, Prince Chawla, Ravinder Kaushik, Mohammed Azhar Khan. Low-energy assisted sodium alginate stabilized Phyllanthus niruri extract nanoemulsion: Characterization, in vitro antioxidant, and antimicrobial application. Biotechnology Reports. 2022. e00711.
- Kumar Utkarsh, Aditi, Abhishek Kumar, Azhar Khan, Ashima Nayyar, Shams Iqbal, Shabirul Haque. Circulating and non-circulating proteins and nucleic acids as biomarkers and therapeutic molecules in ovarian cancer. Genes and Diseases. 2022. doi.org/10.1016/j.gendis.2022.07.004
- Disha Raghuvanshi, Kiran Sharma, Rachna Verma, Dinesh Kumar, Harsh Kumar, Azhar Khan, Marian Valko, Suliman Y Alomar, Saleh H Alwasel, Eugenie Nepovimova, Kamil Kuca. Phytochemistry, and pharmacological efficacy of Cordia dichotoma G. Forst.: A therapeutic medicinal plant of Himachal Pradesh. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy.2022; 153: 113400. doi.org/10.1016/j.biopha.2022.113400
- Aarti Bains, Agnieszka Najda, Prince Chawla, Joanna Klepacka, Sanju Bala Dhull, Pardeep Kumar Sadh, Mohammed Azhar Khan, Ravinder Kaushik. Formulation and characterization of gum arabic stabilized red rice extract nanoemulsion. Polymers. 2022; 14(10):1938
- Ruhi Pathania, Prince Chawla, Ravinder Kaushik, Anil Kumar, Mohammed Azhar Khan. GC-MS Characterization, in vitro Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory and potential antidermatophytic activity of Citrullus lanatus seed oil. Anti-Infective Agents. 2022. 20(1);65-73. DOI: 10.2174/2211352519666210906151310
- Lokender Kumar, Monish Bisen, Azhar Khan, Pradeep Kumar, Sanjay Kumar Singh Patel. Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Musculoskeletal Diseases. Biomedicines. 2022; 10, 2477. https://doi.org/10.3390/ biomedicines10102477
- Shabirul Haque, Pooja Swami, Azhar Khan. S. Typhi derived vaccines and a proposal for outer membrane vesicles (OMVs) as potential vaccine for typhoid fever. Microbial Pathogenesis. 2021, 158: 105082. doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2021.105082
- Sourav Biswas, Vikram Thakur, Parneet Kaur, Azhar Khan, Saurabh Kulshrestha, Pradeep Kumar. Blood clots in COVID-19 patients: Simplifying the curious mystery. Medical Hypothesis. 2021; 146: 110371
- Aaliya Ali, Prakrati Garg, Rohit Goyal, Azhar Khan, Poonam Negi, Xiangkai Li, Saurabh Kulshrestha. An efficient wound healing hydrogel based on a hydroalcoholic extract of Moringa oleifera seeds. South African Journal of Botany. 2021;
- Ruhi Pathania, Prince Chawla, Huma Khan, Ravinder Kaushik, Azhar Khan. An assessment of potential nutritive and medicinal properties of Mucuna pruriens: a natural food legume. 3 Biotech. 2020. 10: 261
- Bhanu Sharma, Varun Jaiswal, Azhar Khan. In silico approach for exploring the role of AT1R polymorphism on its function, structure, and drug interactions. Current Computer Aided Drug Design. Oct 23, 2020: doi: 10.2174/1573409916666201023113709.
- Mukul Kumar, Samriti Guleria, Prince Chawla, Azhar Khan, VK Modi, Naveen Kumar, Ravinder Kaushik. Anti-obesity efficacy of the selected high altitude Himalayan herbs: in vitro studies. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2020; 57(8): 3081-3090.
- Huma Khan, Saurabh Kulshretha, Azhar Khan. Potential Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors from Moringa oleifera. Recent Patents on Biotechnology. 2019; 13(3):239-248.
- Shabirul Haque, Sanjukta Sengupta, Dinesh Gupta, Maharaj Kishan Bhan, Ramesh Kumar, Mohammed Azhar Khan, Bansilal Jailkhani. S.Typhi derived OmpC peptide conjugated with Vi-polysaccharide evokes better immune response than Vi-alone in mice. Biologicals. 2019; 62: 50-56
- Nag S, Khan M A, Preethi S, Quaisar A, Hussain T. Chronic angiotensin AT2R activation prevents highfat diet-induced adiposity and obesity in female mice independent of estrogen. Metabolism. 2015 Jul; 64(7):814-825
- Samuel P, Azhar MK, Nag S, Inagami T, Hussain T. “Angiotensin AT2 Receptor Contributes towards Gender Bias in Weight Gain”. PlosOne- 2013; 8(1): e48425.
- Isha Shirish Dhande, Mohammed Azhar Khan, Sourashish Nag, Tahir Hussain. Role of the Angiotensin AT2 receptor in obesity-linked inflammation and renal injury: Effect of gender. The FASEB Journal. 2013; 4 (27): S-1114.2
- Sourashish Nag, Mohammed Azhar Khan, Tahir Hussain. Activation of angiotensin type 2 receptor rescues high-fat diet induced adipocyte size increase in young male mice. The FASEB Journal. 2012; 4(26): S-819.29
- Isha Shirish Dhande, Quaisar Ali, Sourashish Nag, Mohammed Azhar Khan, Tahir Hussain. Protective role of the Angiotensin AT2 receptor in obesity-induced renal inflammation. The FASEB Journal. 2012; 4(26): S-1051.2
- Khan MA, Ahmad S, Banu N. “Molecular Characterization of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) from Keratitis Patients: a Microbiological Analysis”. British J Ophthalmology.2010; 94 (8) :994-8.
- Javid A Dar, Manzoor A Thoker, Jamal A Khan, Asif Ali, Mohammed A Khan, Mohammed Rizwan, Khalid H Bhat, Mohammad J Dar, Niyaz Ahmed, Shamim Ahmad. “Molecular epidemiology of clinical and carrier strains of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in the hospital settings of north India”. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials. 2006; 5: 22.