In view of the extensive research focus at Shoolini University, Shoolini University is pleased to announce various scholarships for PhD students of the academic year 2024. These scholarships are designed in a manner to involve and benefit the maximum number of students during their PhD Program at Shoolini University.
1. PhD Merit Scholarship for full-time PhD candidates based on interview, post-graduation marks, previous research output and NIRF ranking of the applicant’s institution.
Benefit: Scholarship ranging between 25%-100%
Students who get 100% tuition fee waiver will be called Chancellor’s Fellow
Multiple scholarships are available for only full-time candidates based on the above criteria. At the start of the program, scholarships will be given for semesters 1 & 2. PhD candidates will be expected to fulfill the below conditions (annual review) for continuation of their scholarship.
A review will be conducted at the end of semester 2 based on the following criteria. If the criteria are met, scholarship will be extended for semester 3 & 4. A final review will be conducted at the end of semester 4 based on the following criteria. If the criteria are met, scholarships will be extended for semesters 5 & 6.
1. Coursework: Within first two semesters only
2. Synopsis: Within first two semesters only
3. First paper: Must be communicated within first two semesters.
4. Second and third paper: Must be communicated by the end of fifth semester
2. Junior Research Fellow
Benefit: Full waiver of tuition fee & stipend of INR 31,000 per month for three years only
Only three scholarships are available through extra-mural projects or through university funds for PhD students who have cleared the JRF exam and have demonstrated research potential in the past. Tuition fee towards the PhD program will be waived off fully for first three years only. Junior Research fellows will be expected to produce three research papers every year with a minimum impact factor of two (these papers will be beyond their PhD requirements). Non-fulfillment will lead to the discontinuation of fellowship. Research fellows are expected to stay in university residential premises for their research work. Hostel fee will not be waived off.
3. Publication Incentives: Students (not applicable for existing Professors/ Research Fellows of Shoolini University) admitted in PhD program can avail coupons for their research publications as per below. These coupons can be availed after publishing research/ review papers in Scopus-listed journals only.
For all papers published during their PhD thesis:
IMPACT FACTOR OF JOURNAL
GRANT AMOUNT (IN INR)
4 to 6
6.1 and above
Published in ‘Nature’ (applicable to all PhD students)
Students publishing more than three papers as part of their PhD are eligible for additional coupons as per the following criteria:
GRANT AMOUNT (IN INR)
4th (minimum impact factor of 3)
5th & above (minimum impact factor of 3)
- PhD candidates must pay the fee as per rules specified by the University from time to time.
- PhD candidates can avail themselves of only one of the above two benefits/scholarships during the first three years of the PhD program.
- Specifically, for point no. 3, one research paper will only be counted once and for one student. The student will need to provide a verification note from their PhD supervisor.
- In papers with more than one author, the award money will be split equally between all the student authors.
- As per rule, PhD students will not pay the fee for the 7th and 8th semesters, but thereafter fee will be charged for the balance of the semesters.
- The above circular is applicable for the year 2024 and the academic council reserves the right to modify this without any notice.