MSc, MPhil, M Tech, PhD (Thesis Submitted)
An Assistant Professor at the Yogananda School of AI, Computer and Data Sciences, Sunil Kumar received his M Tech degree in Engineering education from Panjab University, Chandigarh, and submitted his PhD Thesis (March 2020) at Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun. He holds 15 years of teaching experience and his academic contributions include several International research and review papers published by Elsevier, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, and Wiley as well as conference papers, popular science articles, and well-published articles. He has published 20 research papers with 150 citations, 5 h-index, and 5 i10-index and filed 15 patents.
He is an active member of different Association like the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Him Science Congress Association. At present, Sunil Kumar is working on heat transfer, fluid flow characteristics and properties of different Nanofluids in heat exchangers. His research work is based on numerical and experimental studies in developing new heat transfer fluids as well as heat transfer enhancement techniques to save energy.
- Sunil Kumar, Anil Kumar, (2021). A comprehensive review on the heat transfer and nanofluid flow characteristics in different shaped channels, International Journal of Ambient Energy, 42:3, 345-361, DOI: 10.1080/01430750.2018.1530139 (SCI, I.F=1.8,Taylor & Francis).
- Sunil Kumar, Mamta Shandilya, M., Ashish Chauhan, Rajesh Maithani, Anil Kumar, (2020). Experimental analysis of zinc oxide/water/ethylene glycol-based nanofluid in a square duct roughened with inclined ribs. Journal of Enhanced Heat Transfer, 2020, 27(8), pp. 687–709. (SCI and I.F=1.41).
- Lohit Sharma, Sunil Kumar, Robin Thakur, Rajesh Maithani, Anil Kumar, (2020). A review on exergy analysis of nanofluid flow through several conduits. Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2020, 14, pp. 1–15, 30. (Cite score: 2.8) (Scopus indexed)
- Kamal Kashyap, Robin Thakur, Sunil Kumar, Raj kumar, (2020). Identification of archimedes screw turbine for efficient conversion of traditional water mills (gharats) into micro hydro-power stations in Western Himalayan Regions of India: An experimental analysis. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, 2020, 10(3), pp. 1451–1463. (Cite score: 4.4) (Scopus Indexed).
- Sunil Kumar, Robin Thakur, Neeraj Gandotra, Sorabh Aggarwal, Arvind Singhy, Rajesh Maithani and Anil Kumar (2020). Prediction of heat transfer and pressure drop in helically perforated twisted tape heat exchanger tube using fuzzy logic. JP Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 19(1), 175-184. (Cite score: 0.41) (Scopus Indexed).
- Sunil Kumar, Anil Kumar, Alok Darshan Kothiyal, Mangal Singh Bhist, (2020). Selection of optimal performance parameters of alumina/water nanofluid flow in ribbed square duct by using AHP-TOPSIS techniques, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol. 989, pp. 95-104. (Cite score: 0.86) (Scopus Indexed).
- Sunil Kumar, Alok Darshan Kothiyal, Mangal Singh Bhist, Anil Kumar, (2019). Effect of nanofluid flow and protrusion transverse ribs on thermal and hydrodynamic performance in square channel: An experimental investigation. Journal of Enhanced Heat Transfer Vol. 1 (26), pp.75–100. (SCI and I.F=1.41).
- A.K. Bhardwaj, Anil Kumar, Rajesh Maithani, Raj Kumar, Sunil Kumar, Ranchan Chauhan, (2019). Experimental study on heat transfer and fluid flow enhancement of a spherical shape obstacle solar air passage, Thermal Science, Vol. 23,pp. 751-761 (SCI and I.F=1.57).
- Robin Thakur, Sunil Kumar, Kamal Kashyap, Ashwani Kumar, Sorabh Aggarwal, (2019). Selection of erosive wear rate parameters of pelton turbine buckets using PSI and TOPSIS techniques. IJITEE, Vol. 9, pp. 2418-2427. (Scopus Indexed).
- Sunil Kumar, Anil Kumar, Alok Darshan Kothiyal, Mangal Singh Bhist, (2018). A review of flow and heat transfer behaviour of nanofluids in micro channel heat sinks. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, Vol. 8, pp. 477-493. (ELSEVIER)
- Sunil Kumar, Alok Darshan Kothiyal, Mangal Singh Bhist, Anil Kumar, 2018. Effect of ratio of protrusion height to print diameter on thermal behaviour of Al2O3-H2O nanolfuid flow in a protrusion obstacle square channel, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol. 624, pp. 277-287. (Scopus Indexed).
- Yashwant Singh, Rajesh Maithani, Sunil Kumar, Ehsan Gholamalizadeh, Anil Kumar, Development of new correlations for Nusselt number and friction factor of TiO2/water based nanofluid flow in V-pattern protrusion ribbed square channel, Frontier Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 11,33 (2018), pp.1-16. (Cite score: 2.8) (Scopus indexed)
- Sunil Kumar, Alok Darshan Kothiyal, Mangal Singh Bhist, Anil Kumar, (2017). Turbulent heat transfer and nanofluid flow in a protruded ribbed square passage, Results in Physics, Vol. 7, pp. 3603-3618. (SCI and I.F=4.02).
- A. Kumar, R. Kumar, R. maithani, R. Chauhan, M. Sethi, A. Kumari, S. Kumar, S. Kumar, (2017). Correlation development for Nusselt number and friction factor of a multiple type V-pattern dimpled obstacles solar air passage, Renewable Energy, Vol. 109 pp. 461-479. (SCI and I.F=10.3).
- Sunil Kumar, Alok Darshan Kothiyal, Mangal Singh Bhist, Anil Kumar, (2017). Numerical analysis of thermal hydraulic performance Al2O3-H2O nanofluid flowing through a protrusion obstacles square mini channel. Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, Vol. 9, pp. 108–121. (ESCI and I.F=4.01).
- Yaswant Singh, Anil Kumar, Rahul Nadda, Rajesh Maithani, Raj Kumar, Sunil Kumar, (2017). Heat Transfer Augmentation of Nanofluid flow in Ribbed Ducts: A Review, IRACST-Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal, Vol. 7(5), pp.1-10.
- Sunil Kumar, Vinay Sharma, Munish sethi. Study of Vorticity of Unsteady Hydromagnetic Free Convective Flow and Mass Transfer through Porous Medium with Radiation and Variable Permeability in Slip Flow Regime. International Journal of Mathematica (IJOM).Vol. 1, Issue 1 (2014). Page 66-73. ISSN: 2348-831X.
- Vinay Sharma, Sunil Kumar. A Note on Vorticity of MHD Flow of Continuously Moving Vertical Surface with Uniform Heat and Mass Transfer. International Journal of stability and Fluid Mechanics (IJSFM).Vol. 3, Issue 1 (2012). Page 1-8. ISSN: 2231-475X.
- Vinay Sharma, Sunil Kumar. A Note on Vorticity of Unsteady MHD Free Convection Flow with Mass Transfer through Porus Medium past a Porous Vertical Moving Plate. International Journal of stability and Fluid Mechanics (IJSFM).Vol. 3, Issue 1 (2012). Page 19-26. ISSN: 2231-475X.
International/ National Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops Attended:
- Participated and presented a paper in the International Conference on “Cutting-edge Research in Material Science and Chemistry (CRMSC-2021)”organized by Department of Chemistry and Biosciences, School of Basic Sciences, Manipal University Jaipur January 11-12, 2021.
- Participated in online workshop on “Disaster Management & Response During Calamities and Supply Chain Management in Present Pandemic Context” organized by National institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India in collaboration with Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh from 06 Oct. 2020 to 08 Oct, 2020.
- Attended in Two days’ International conference on Renewable energy, organized at Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh on 16th & 17th December, 2019.
- Participated in Two days’ 3rd International conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices (ICICCD-2018) organized at UPES Dehradun on 21st & 22nd December, 2018.
- Participated in Two days’ 2nd International conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices (ICICCD-2017) organized at UPES Dehradun on 15th & 16th April, 2017.
- Attended two weeks workshop on CMOS, mixed signal and radio frequency VLSI design organized by IIT Kharagpur under ‘National mission on education through ICT’ MHRD, New Delhi. 26th December 2016 to 27th January-2017(online) and 30th January to 4th February at Shoolini University Solan.
- Attended International conference on “science: emerging scenario and future challenges” (sesfc-2016) held on 11-12, June, 2016 organized by him science congress association, Himachal Pradesh sponsored by springer, Asian polymer association and SJVN Ltd.
- Attented MHRD sponsored two-week ISTE workshop on Introduction to Design of Algorithms conducted by IIT Kharagpur from 25th to 30th May, 2015 at Shoolini University Solan.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme on High Impact Teaching Skills organized by department of training & development Shoolini University on 20th Sept. 2014.
- Attended in MHRD sponsored two-week ISTE workshop on Fluid Mechanics conducted by IIT Kharagpur from 20th to 30th May, 2014 at Shoolini University Solan.
- Participated in the National Conference on Science: Emerging Scenario & Future Challenges held at shoolini University, Solan (H.P.) on 08th to 10th March, 2013.
Online Certified Courses:
- Introduction to Thermodynamics: Transferring Energy from Here to There an online course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through Coursera.
- Fundamental of Fluid Power, an online course authorized by University of Minnesota and offered through Coursera.
- Research Methods: An engineering approach, a course of study offered by University of Witwatersrand and certified by edX.
- Introduction to probability an online course of study offered by Harvard University and certified by edX.
- How to write an effective research paper awarded by Enago Academy.
- How to submit journal article to get published awarded by Enago Academy.
- How to learn online a course of study offered by edX.