M.Sc. NET, PhD (Vegetable Science)
Shweta Sharma is an Assistant Professor at the MS Swaminathan School of Agriculture, where she is teaching and conducting research in Vegetable Science. She did her MSc in Vegetable Science from Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni, qualified NET in 2017 and completed her Doctorate from CSKHPKV, Palampur, in 2021. She has attended various national and international seminars, conferences, symposiums and training sessions.
Shweta Sharma has published about 7 Research papers in various national and international journals of high repute. Her present area of research includes vegetable breeding for improved production, quality and nutritional value.
- Sharma S, Katoch V, Kumar S. and Chatterjee S. (2021). Functional relationship of vegetable colors and bioactive compounds: implications in human health. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 108615.
- Sharma S, Katoch V and Banyal D.K. (2021). Review on harnessing biotechnological tools for the development of stable bacterial wilt resistant solanaceous vegetable crops. Scientia Horticulturae, 285, 110158.
- Sharma S, Sharma A and Katoch, V. (2020). Biotechnological interventions in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, 95(3), 273-285.
- Rahman A, Katoch V, Rathour R, Sharma S, Rana S.S. and Sharma A. (2019). Studies on genetic parameters, correlation and path coefficient analysis in er2 introgressed garden pea genotypes. Legume Research. https://doi.org/10.18805/LR-4142
- Kumar S, Katoch V, Bharti A, Sharma S, Sharma A and Kumari V. (2019). Heterosis, inbreeding depression and combining ability studies in garden pea (Pisum sativum L.). Legume Research. https://doi.org/10.18805/LR-4088
- Sharma S, Kumar R and Sharma HR. (2017). Studies on variability, heritability and genetic gain in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Indian Journal of Ecology 44(6), 829- 833.
- Sharma A and Sharma S. 2020. Diversity and potential of indigenous and minor vegetables of Himachal Pradesh. Indian Horticulture. 65(3):74-77
- Sharma S and Katoch V. 2019. Sustainable farming: a step towards healthy living. Agrobios Newsletter. XVII (11): 42-43
- Sharma S and Katoch V. 2019. Antioxidant properties of eggplant. Agrobios Newsletter. XVII (10): 75-76
- Sharma S, Kumar R and Hem Raj Sharma. 2017. Studies on variability, heritability and genetic gain in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). In: Proceedings of national conference on Alternative farming systems to enhance farmers’ income. Solan HP
- Rathore N, Katoch V and Sharma S. 2019. Evaluation of brinjal lines under zero budget natural farming conditions in mid-hills of himachal Pradesh. National conference on organic and natural farming, May 28-29, 2019, CSK HPKV, Palampur
- Oral presentation on “Studies on variability, correlation and path analysis in garden pea (Pisum sativum) for pod yield and its related traits under natural farming conditions” in 2nd international conference “Food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture-emerging technologies” feb 14-16, 2019 at Bathinda, Pb.
- Poster presentation on “Studies on variability, heritability and genetic gain in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.)” in national conference on Alternative farming systems to enhance farmers’ income held at UHF, Solan, 19-21 sep, 2017
- Certificate of participation in the conference on “Doubling farmers’ Income: Challenges and Strategies” at CSK HPKV, Palampur (April 23-24, 2018).
- Qualified ICAR JRF in 2015
- Qualified and awarded with ICAR Senior Research fellowship for Ph. D programme (5th rank all over India) in 2017
- Life member of “Indian Society of Vegetable Science”
- Life member of “Indian Academy of Horticultural Sciences”