An IIM Calcutta Management Graduate (PGDM), Narinder Verma holds a BTech from IIT Delhi, and PhD (Management) from Shoolini University as well as PGDAC) from C-DAC, Pune.
Apart from regularly teaching business management courses, Narinder Verma carries out research and consultancy in the field of Financial Management. He has a distinction of having a BTech (Mech Engg) from IIT Delhi in 1992, a PGDM (equivalent to MBA), a 2-year regular residential program with a specialization in Finance from IIM Calcutta in 1996 and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing (PGDAC) from C-DAC, Pune in 2001.
His academic contributions include several international research papers, workshop and book chapters published by Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, and Wiley as well as conference papers, popular articles on public policy with 69 citations, 5 h-index, and 4 i10-index. He also actively takes up consulting projects with industry and academic organizations.
Verma is an active member of the Academy of International Business (AIB), USA, Financial Management Research & Resource Society of India (FMRRS), India, Teaching & Education Research Association (TERA), Singapore, and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi. Currently, Verma is engaged in research to develop sustainable ways to monetize gold in India.
Through his research, he has developed a Behavioral Finance Model for investment in Gold and Gold ETFs. His academic contributions include several international research papers, workshop and book chapters published by Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, and Wiley as well as conference papers, popular articles on public policy with 69 citations, 5 h-index, and 4 i10-index.
- Verma, N., Negi, Y. S. and Shukla, R. K. (2020). Household Investment Preferences for Gold and Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in Himachal Pradesh, India. International Journal on Emerging Technologies, 11(2): 322-331
- Verma, N., Negi, Y. S. and Shukla, R. K. (2020). Determinant Matrix for Gold Monetization Scheme (GMS) and Household Preferences for Gold-Backed Products in Himachal Pradesh, India. International Journal on Emerging Technologies, 11(3): 33-42.
- Kumar R, Raizada P, Verma N, Hosseini-Bandegharaei A, Thakur VK, Van Quyet L, Nguyen V-H, Singh P (2020). Recent advances on water disinfection using bismuth based modified photocatalysts: Strategies and Challenges, Journal of Cleaner Production, https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.jclepro.2021.126617.
- Singh Y, Kumar A, Maithani R & Verma N. (2018). TiO2/H2O nanofluid flow and heat transfer analysis in V-pattern with combined protrusion obstacle square channel: experimental analysis and CFD validation, International Journal of Ambient Energy, DOI: 10.1080/01430750.2018.1563807
- Kumar A, Kumar R, Chauhan R, Sethi M, Kumari A, Verma N & Nadda R. (2016). Single-phase thermal and hydraulic performance analysis of a V-pattern dimpled obstacles air passage, Experimental Heat Transfer, Taylor and Francis. Vol. 30, Issue. 5, p. 393-426, DOI: 10.1080/08916152.2016.1269139
- Monga A, Verma N. (2015). A Study of Job Satisfaction of Employees of ICICI Bank in Himachal Pradesh. Human Resource Management Research. Vol. 5; Issue. 1, p. 18-25. DOI: 10.5923/j.hrmr.20150501.03
- Verma N, Kulshreshtha K & Jain S. (2005). Developing Strategy Assertiveness Skill- A Skill for Life. Pfeiffer Annuals- Training, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. USA. P. 132-145.
- Verma N & Kulshreshtha K. (2007). Non-Verbal Communication- A Tool for Employer. Book of Proceedings, 6th Asia Pacific ABC International Conference, IIM Ahmadabad, India, p. 35-42.
- Verma N. (2009). Role of Higher Education in Indian Economy. Centre for Corporate Policy, Rai Foundation, New Delhi, India.
- Keynote speaker in the 2-day long National Seminar on “Future of Retailing in India: The Way Forward” organized between 11-12th March 2008 by CITM, Manav Rachna University, Faridabad, Haryana, India.
- Keynote speaker in NICME- International Conference, Communication Conclave, HR Meet, at NIILM School of Business, New Delhi, India 2008.
- Presented a paper in International conference organized by FMS Delhi & Regent University, United States of America (USA), 2008
- Presented a paper in International conference organized by IMT Ghaziabad, Monash University, Australia and George Mason University, USA, 2005.
- Presented a paper in 7th international conference organized by INMAMTEC Ghaziabad, UPTU, PHDCCI and Konrad Adenauer Foundation, Germany, 2004.
- Presented a paper in international workshop organized by University of Madras, Chennai and University Grants Commission (UGC), India, 2004.
- Presented a paper in 2nd PCMA International conference organized by Punjab
- Commerce & Management Association (Regd.), Jalandhar, Punjab, India, 2006.
- Presented a paper in International conference organized by Punjab College of Technical Education, Jalandhar, Punjab, India, 2007.
- Presented and published a paper in Doctoral Conference organized by Institute of Management, NIRMA University, Ahmadabad, India, 2008.
- Founder Editor-in-chief for NMR (NIILM Management Review) – An International Management Journal, run by NIILM School of Business, New Delhi, India. 2008-2009
- Attended a ‘Workshop on Citation Analysis, Impact Factor, Patent, and Copyrights for Maximizing Research Impact’ organized by PHD Chamber of Commerce, New Delhi, 2014.
- Participated in Online Training Program on ‘Disaster Management & Response During Calamities and Supply Chain Management in Present Pandemic Context’ Organized by National Institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, in collaboration with Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh during 06-10-2020 to 08-10-2020.
- Conducted half-day long Workshop on “Life Skills for Life” for the faculty members at NIILM University, Kaithal, Haryana, India on 7th June 2012.
- Organized “Financial Education Program”- an initiative of SEBI (Security and Exchange Board of India) under ‘Financial Literacy Program’ in Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh on 29th September 2012 and 25th Oct 2018.
News Papers and Magazines:
- Published about ten Articles, Interviews, ‘Expert Speak’ and ‘Campus Watch’ features in various issues of Just Careers - a magazine dedicated to higher education in India, Rai Foundation, New Delhi, India, 2009-2010.