Assistant Professor, LLM.
Ms. Monika Thakr is currently serving as an Assistant Professor at the School of Law, Faculty of Management Sciences, Shoolini University, Solan (HP) India where she teaches and does research in Criminal Law. She has received her degree of Latin Legum Magister (LLM) from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (2013). She is pursuing her Ph.D in Crimininology from MAU, Baddi. She holds seven years of teaching experience and one year of experience of practicing law in Himachal Pradesh High Court. Her academic contributions include several international papers, reviews, book reviews, book chapters, edited and authored books as well as conference papers,
She has also done certified courses in Criminal Law and Psychology, namely Criminal Justice System in America, by Kevin W. Jennings (May 2020), EBSCO Database and eBooks Training (May 2020), Introduction to Criminal Justice (May 2020), Positive Psychology Certification: Live well and Work Well, by Braco Pobric (May 2020), Children’s Right’s in Theory and Practice, Harvard University (June 2020), Challenging Forensic Science: How Science Should Speak to Court University of Lausanne, Switzerland and Introduction to International Criminal Law, Case Western Reserve University, Case Western Reserve University (Feb 2021). She is dedicate to work for rights of Children and Victims of Crime, so she has chosen the felid of Criminal law. She can be reached at email@example.com
- Book Titled, “Gender Inequality & Child Abuse in India. Problems and Solutions” ISBN No: 97893-65818-84-4, Chapter name,” Gender Inequality: A Study with Reference to Various Steps Taken by Judiciary and Government to Curb the Situation.”
- Book Titled, “Constitutionalism: Augmenting the Spirit of Socio-Legal-Economic and Political Development” ISBN No: 97893-65818-84-4, Chapter name, “Pre-Trial Proceedings in Criminal Cases: A reason for delay in Justice”.
- Book Titled, “Connecting Asia, Understanding Foreign Relations, Organization and Contemporary issues; Published by Kunal Books ISBN No: 9789-389224948, page no. 83-99. Chapter name, “Financial Crimes: A comparative study of South Asian Countries.”
- Sindhu Sanjay, Thakur Monika (2015),” Indian Perspective on The Legal Status of Marital Rape: An Overview”, Published in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies. ISSN No: 2348-537x
- Thakur Monika (2016), Published Article On “Youth Involvement in Law and Policy Making” In Law Z Magazine.
- Thakur Monika (2019) “Online Human Trafficking, Technology in Its Grim Picture” Published in KAAV International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Business Management (KIJECBM) ISSN: 2348-4969 By KAAV Publications.
- Paper published online on, “Top 10 Accounting Frauds in India with special reference to 5W2H” (2019)
- Paper Published in KAAV International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Business Management (KIJECBM) ISSN: 2348-4969 by KAAV Publications, Vol. 6 Issue 4 at P. 177 (Dec. 2019) on “Cyber Crime and Role of Investigation.”
Presentations and Invited Lectures:
- Paper Presented, “Gender Inequality: A Study with Reference to Various Steps Taken by Judiciary & Government to Curb the Situation”, National Seminar on Gender In-equality & Child Abuse in India: Problems and Solutions at Maharaja Agrasen University, Feb 2019
- Paper Presented, “Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied: Delay in Legal Proceeding”, National Seminar on Recent Development in Indian Judicial Approach towards timely Justice, SRM University Sonipat, April 2019.
- Delivered lecture on International Laws in Sheds Institute of Legal Studies, Aug 2019.
- Delivered lecture on “Cyber Crimes and International Law” at HPU, Shimla Aug 2019.
- Paper Presented, “Revenge Pornography: Trust Misleadenor A Planned Mischief? - A question to be answered legally”, National Seminar on Cyber Law and Cyber Crimes: Issues and Challenges at Himachal Pradesh University, September 2019
- Paper Presented, “Delay on Justice in Criminal Cases”, National Conference on Criminal law and Criminal Justice system contemporary issues and Challenges at ICFAI University, Dehradun., November 2019
- Paper Presented, “Cyber Crime and Role of Investigation”, International Conference VIPSAR, Indore, December 2019
- Paper Presented, “Constitutionalism: Augmenting the Spirit of Socio-Legal-Economic and Political Development” Maharaja Agrasen School of Law at National Seminar, March 2020.
- Paper Presented, at International Conference on, Law, Governance and Social Justice, Faculty of Law Universitas Jenderal Soedirman, Indonesia on 3-4 November 2020.
- Delivered lecture on “Basics of law as resource person” at NSS Camp in 2013.
- Attended Workshop on research Methodology by Maharaja Agrasen University, Baddi (July 2019).
- Attended Workshop on Research Methodology: Fundamentals, Trends and Developments by Amity University, (July 2020)
- Attended Workshop on How to avoid Plagiarism organized by Guru Nanak Dev University in collaboration with MHRD (February 2021).
- Attended Workshop on Literature Review organized by Guru Nanak Dev University in collaboration with MHRD (January 2021).