MSc and PhD Microbiology
Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, Shoolini University. Received PhD from Shoolini University in Microbiology (2017). At present, she is working on the Isolation and Characterisation of Efflux Pump Inhibitor from Medicinal Herbs of Western Himalayas to develop bioavailability enhancers of antibiotics to effectively treat MDR bacterial pathogen. Jyoti Mehta has a good practical knowledge of handling Standard and Pathogenic Bacterial Strains.
In addition, she possesses three years of teaching experience at UG/PG levels. She has published research papers in National and International journals and filed two patents. Her research has been highly recognised in International conferences.
- Mehta J, Dev K. Extraction, isolation and characterization of lariciresinol from Zingiber officinale (ginger) rhizome extract for their efflux pump inhibitory activity on Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium strains (2020). Studies in Indian Place Names, 40(56); 218-231
- Mehta J and Aara I. Analysis of phytochemicals, antibacterial and antioxidant activities of certain medicinal plants of garhwal against human pathogens (2020). International Journal of Bio-Technology and Research, 10(1); 49-62
- Mehta J. Synergistic effect of some spices in combination with antibiotics against drug resistant pathogenic microorganisms (2019). International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 9(1); 824-30
- Mehta J, Mohd A. Isolation and identification of bacterial contamination from commonly used household surfaces (2018). Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, 5(12); 697-705
- Mehta J, Jandaik S, Urmila. Evaluation of phytochemicals and synergistic interaction between plant extracts and antibiotics for efflux pump inhibitory activity against Salmonella typhimurium strains. International journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016; 8:10: 217-223
- Mehta J, Jandaik S, Urmila, Mehta BB. Antibacterial activity and phytochemical screening of selected medicinal plants against Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium strains (2016). International journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences, 2016; 5:9: 2119-2130
- Urmila, Jandaik S, Mehta J, Sharma MM. Synergism between natural products and fluoroquinolones against Staphylococcus aureus strains (2016). International journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences, 5(8); 1965-1976
- Urmila, Jandaik S, Mehta J, Sharma MM. Synergistic and efflux pump inhibitory activity of plant extracts and antibiotics on Staphylococcus aureus strains (2016). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2455-3891; 9(2suppl); 277-282
- Improved antibiotic composition for treatment of typhoid and gastro infections caused by Salmonella. Application no. 201711015714.
- Improved antibiotic composition for treatment of infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Application no. 201711017988.