Ashutosh K. Dash
Visiting Faculty / Visiting Faculty
Assistant Professor, Ph.D.
Dr. Ashutosh K. Dash teaches Medicinal Chemistry &Natural Product Chemistry at Shoolini University. His research area includes broadly medicinal/pharmaceutical chemistry; natural product based medicinal chemistry and carbohydrate chemistry. He is also involved in methodologies in translation research like non-infringing routes for the synthesis of APIs and synthesis of drug active metabolites.
In natural product chemistry Dr. Dash has worked in isolation of secondary metabolites from microbial and plant sources, DOS, semi-synthetic modifications and medicinal chemistry against specific targets in cancer, diabetics, inflammation, etc. In carbohydrate chemistry his works includes synthesis of natural molecule mimicking flavones-C-glycosides and coumarin-C-glycoside modulating traditional carbon-Ferrier rearrangement reaction altering it to one pot Mukaiyama type carbon Ferrier rearrangement reaction.
Prof. Dash has developed a dihydropyrimidinone chromene hybrids utilizing molecular hybridization technique which inhibits cell proliferation by inducing mitotic catastrophe and microtubule depolymerization in A549 cells and proven to be highly potent against lungs cancer even more potent than 5-Fluorouracil. In fact, he has developed a very important method, which can be a general method for C-3 electrophilic chlorination of benzopyran derivatives in which I have introduced fluxionality and proved by enough evidence such as VT 1H-NMR, X-ray crystallography and explained by DFT calculations.He has synthesized natural molecule mimicking chromene-C-glycoside and coumarin-C-glycoside for the first time in science, which are drug-like molecules against cancer.
- Asmita M., Abhishek G., Deepak KS, Ashutosh KD, Gurdarshan S., Debaraj M., Utpal N. “Pharmacokinetic evaluation of medicinally important synthetic- N, N′- diindolylmethane glucoside: Improved synthesis and metabolic stability”. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters29,2019,1007–1011 doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.
- Ashutosh KD, Debasis N., Nazar H., Mubashir JM, Sumera B.,Archana K., Dilip MM, Anindya G., Debaraj M., “Synthesis and Investigation of the role of Benzopyran Dihydropyrimidinone hybrids in cell proliferation, migrationand tumor growth,” Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry,21, 2019, 322-330, PMID: 30179143 DOI:10.2174/1871520618666180903101422 .
- Ashutosh K.D, Nandan S., Nazar H.,Sabari G. and Debaraj M. “Antimicrobial evaluation of dichloro chromene isoxazoles and isoxazoline derivatives”. Scientific Journal of Chemical Research, 2018, 1 (1), 32-56. DOI:11.2168/2871.
- Ashutosh KD, Madhu BT, Said Khalid Y, S. Raina and Debaraj M. “One-pot Mukaiyama type carbon-Ferrier rearrangement of glycals: Application in the syntheses of chromanone 3-C-glycosides”. Carbohydrate Research, 2017, 438, 1-8.
- Mallikharjuna RL, Ashutosh KD, Nazar H., Sunil B. and Debaraj M. “Synthesis of macrolide natural products from carbohydrates”. Trends in carbohydrate chemistry, 2017, 9 (3), 1-13.
- Ashutosh KD, Debaraj M. “An Overview on Diversity Oriented Synthesis, Such as Enormous Implications for the Discovery of Small Molecules”. IJSER, 2017, 8 (5), 791—821.
- Ashutosh KD, Chaitanya KJ, Dilip KM, Deepika S., Anil KT, Vivek KG, Prasad VB, and Debaraj M. “Tandem gem–dichlorination and nitrile oxide generation from chlorochromene aldoximes: synthesis of a new class of room temperature fluxional 4-chromanone derivatives”. Chemistry Select. 2016. 3, 567-571.
- Madhu BT, Altaf H., Ashutosh KD, and Debaraj M. “Advances in C-alkynylation of sugars and its application in organic synthesis”. RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 75960-75972.
- Ashutosh KD, Debaraj M., Anil KT. “An Overview on Potassium Channel Openers as a Vital Target of Drugs, Isolated From Plants As Well As Synthetic Origin”. Natural Product Research Review. Vol. 3, 529-571, 2016.
- Ashutosh KD, Anil KT, Vinayak K. Deshmukh, S. R. Choudhary, “A Review on Benzopyran as Openers of the Mitochondrial ATP Sensitive Potassium Channels, as important drug target”. JPR.5(8), 4048-4058, 2012.
- Nazar H., Ashutosh KD, Debaraj M.“Palladium Catalyzed Tandem Carbonyl Insertion and C-C Bond Formation of 2-Iodoglycal for the Synthesis of Sugar Based Arylones and Ynones”. Organic letters.
- Deepak KS, Ashutosh KD, Utpal N, Debraj M. “Total synthesis of 1,1'-β-d-glucopyranosyl-3,3'-bis(5-bromoindolyl)-octyl methane (NGD16), a novel N-glycosylated derivative of 3,3'-diindolylmethane (DIM) using Fe/Al pillared clay catalyst under solvent free condition.” Chemical Communication.
- Amit K., Ashutosh KD, Debraj M. “Inhibition of LPS-induced COX-2, NO production IL-6 and TNF-α in raw 246.7 macrophages cells by andrographolide derivatives”. Journal in Medicinal Chemistry.
- Ashutosh KD, Debraj M.“Role of Macrocyclic carbohydrates in pharmaceutical purpose”. Carbohydrate Chemistry.
Shoolini University is a not-for-profit university established by the Foundation for Life Sciences and Business Management. Copyright © 2022