An alumnus of HP University, Shimla, and University of California, Berkeley, USA, YS Negi is one of the few teachers and researchers in the field of Natural Resource Economics in the country. He has more than 80 research papers and other publications to his credit in his fields of his interest. With a wide teaching, research and administrative experience, he has guided a number of Doctoral, Master’s and MBA students in their research endeavours. YS Negi has also been associated with more than 25 research projects in the field of Applied Economics. He is well travelled and has visited the USA, UK, Thailand, Nepal, and Pakistan.
Prior to his joining Shoolini University, YS Negi has held the positions of Students’ Welfare Officer; Professor & Head, Department of Business Management; Professor & Head, Department of Social Sciences; Officer-on-Special-Duty to the Vice Chancellor, and the Coordinator, Mountain Women Development Centre at Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan, Himachal Pradesh. He has also been on expert panel of Agricultural Services Recruitment Board, New Delhi; Expert (socio-economics) for evaluating research projects at Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education, Dehradun and Himalayan Forest Research Institute, Shimla.
He can be reached at email@example.com
- Dhanta, Rozy and Negi YS (2018). Agricultural Growth and Crop Diversification in Western Himalayan State of Himachal Pradesh Pacific Business Review International. 11(4): 114-23
- Chaudhary S, Negi YS and Shukla R (2017). A time-series analysis of auction prices of Indian tea. International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences. 7(6):100-11
- Dhanta R, Negi YS, Tewari SC (2016). Spatio-temporal analysis of crop diversification in Himachal Pradesh. A district wise analysis. International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management. 6(1): 15-20
- Dhanta R, Negi YS (2016). Nature and extent of crop diversification in Himachal Pradesh, India: an economic analysis. Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 5(7): 16-26.
- Gupta N, Kesari, Negi YS (2015). Comparative study on customer satisfaction of public and private sector banks - a case study of Shimla town in Himachal Pradesh. Global Journal of Multi-disciplinary Studies. 4(2): 60-70.
- Vidya, Aggarwal RK, Mahajan PK, Negi YS and Bhardwaj SK (2015). Trend analysis of weather parameters and people’s perception in Kullu District of Western Himalayan Region. Environment and Ecology Research 3(1): 24-33.
- Prasher RS, Sharma Subhash and Negi YS (2008). People’s participation and conservation – a case of eco-development in GHNP, Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. J. Natcon 20 (1)
- Prasher RS, Negi YS and Vijay Kumar (2006). People’s participation and conservation – a case of eco-development in GHNP, Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. Man & Development. XXVIII (3): 77-92.
- Prasher RS, Majusha Thomus and Negi YS (2006). Estimation of supply functions for Himachal Pradesh apple. Indian Journal of Economics. 86(342): 433-53
- Mahajan, PK, Kumar S and Negi YS (2004). Optimum stratification for estimating apple (Malus domestica) production in Himachal Pradesh. The Horticulture Journal 17(1): 25-28.
- Negi, Y.S. and Pankaj Bhalla (2002). Collection and Marketing of Important Medicinal and Aromatic Plants in Tribal Areas of Himachal Pradesh. The Indian Forester. 128 (6): 641-49.
- Rana Rajesh, Prasher RS and Negi YS (2001). Optimization of traditional agro-forestry systems in mid hills of Himachal Pradesh. The Indian Journal of Economics. LXXXI (323): 451-74.
- Negi, YS. (2012). Environmental Accounting. In: the State of Environment Report, H.P. State Council of Science, Technology and Environment, Shimla.
- Sharma, LR and YS Negi (2006) Approaches for Marketing and Crop Diversification of Commercial Vegetable in Himachal Pradesh, Final Project Report of the Project sponsored by the Director of agriculture, H.P.
- Negi, YS (2005) Marketing Management. In: Chadda, K L Awasthi, R P. The Apple: Improvement, Production and Post-harvest Management. Malhotra Publishing House, New Dehli.
- Negi, Y.S. (2002) Common Property Resource Management in Himachal Himalayas. In: Marothia, D.K. (ed.). Institutionalizing Common Pool Resources. New Delhi: Concept Publications.
- Negi, Y.S. and S.C. Tewari (2000). Dynamics of Farming Systems: Resource Compatibility and Sustainability. In: Natural Resources and Development in Himalayas. By L.R. Verma, (editor). New Delhi: Malhotra Publications.
Membership of Professional Bodies (Life Member)
- Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, Mumbai
- Indian Society of Agricultural Marketing, Nagpur
- Indian Society of Tree Scientists, Solan, H.P.
- National Environment Science Academy, New Delhi
- Indian Society for Agricultural Development and Policy, Ludhiana