2nd Round of Applications Closed! For Details Contact : +91 701 800 7000
Somesh Sharma is an alumnus of Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni Solan, HP India. He is currently working as a Professor at School of Bioengineering and Food Technology, Shoolini University.
Somesh has undergone international training on Food Safety at International Agriculture Research and Training Centre, IZMIR, Turkey. He is also awarded with Dr JS Pruthi Award for the development of the new product.
His chief interests lie in food processing, food fermentation, food industry waste utilization, and Postharvest management of horticultural crops for sustainable development of rural population residing in the Western Himalayan region.
Currently, he is working on development of nano composite biodegradable edible coatings for different temperate fruits. He is also a consultant for wines and other fruit and vegetable based products.
During the last seven years, he has filled 16 patents related to the development of various kinds of fruit and vegetable based products and waste utilization. Dr Sharma has more than 43 research papers in different national and international journals, 15 review articles, 5 manuals/ booklets and pamphlets, 21 chapters and presented papers in 22 national and international conferences.
He had guided more than 8 PG and UG students in their various degree programs. Besides this, he is also the reviewer for various national and international journals and a member of various societies of national and international importance.
- Sharma, Somesh and Joshi, V.K. (2001). Flavour Profiling of Strawberry wine by Quantitative Descriptive Analysis Technique. J. Food Sci. Technol., 41(1):22-26 (IF 1.241)
- Sharma, Somesh and Joshi, V.K. (2003). Effect of maturation on the physico -chemical and Sensory Quality of Strawberry wine. J. Sci. Indust. Res., 62(4): 601-608 (IF : 0.58)
- Joshi, V.K., Sharma Somesh and Bhushan, Shashi (2005). Effect of Method of Preparation and cultivar on the quality of Strawberry wine. Acta Alimentaria. 34 (4): 339-353. (IP 0.333)
- Joshi, V. K., Sharma, Somesh, Bhushan, Shashi., Sharma, R. and Singh, R. P. (2005). Preparation and evaluation of olive pickles (Indian Style): Selection of Suitable Cultivars and Recipe. Processed Food Industry, 8(9):14-16.
- Singh, R.S., Puri M. and Sharma Somesh (2005). Isolation of thermostable aspartase producing microorganisms from hot water springs. Indian Journal of Microbiology. 45 (5): 102-105.
- Joshi,V.K., Sharma, Somesh and Neerja Rana (2006). Production, purification, stability and efficiency of bacteriocin from the isolate of natural lactic acid fermentation of vegetables. Food Technology and Biotechnology. 44: (3) 435-439.
- Joshi,V.K., Sharma, Somesh and Krishan Kumar (2006). Technology for Production and Evaluation of strawberry wine. Beverage and Food world. 33(1): 77-78.
- Thakur, N., Thakur, N.S., Suman, M., Lal Kaushal, B.B. and Sharma, S (2007). Apricot soya toffees-a protein enriched product. Indian Food packer, July Aug, 77-81.
- Sharma, Somesh and Joshi,V.K. (2007). Influence of temperature and salt concentration on lactic acid fermentation of radish (Raphnus sativus). J. Food Sci. Technol., 44(6): 611-614.
- Joshi,V.K., Sharma, S. and Thakur, N.S. (2008). Effect of temperature, salt concentration and fermentation type (Natural Vs Inoculated) on Lactic acid fermentation of carrot. Acta Alimentaria, 37 (2): 205-219.
- Sharma, S., Joshi, V.K. and Lal Kaushal, B.B (2008). Preparation of Ready –to-Serve drink from lactic acid fermented vegetables. Indian Food Packer. 62(3):17-21.
- Thakur, N.S. Sharma, S. and Sharma, K.D. (2009). Standardization of pretreatments for chilgoza (Pinus gerardiana) nut drying. J. Food Sci. Technol., 46 (2):142-145.
- Joshi, V.K. and Sharma, S (2009). Lactic acid fermentation of radish for shelf-stability and pickling. Natural Product Radiance. 8 (1): 19-24.
- Joshi VK, Sharma S and Mutum Preema Devi (2009). Influence of different yeast strains on fermentation behaviour, physico-chemical and sensory qualities of plum wine. Natural Product Radiance, 8(4): 445-451.
- Sharma. S., V K Joshi and Ghanshyam Abrol (2009). An overview on Strawberry [Fragaria × ananassa (Weston) Duchesne ex Rozier] wine production technology, composition, maturation and quality evaluation. Natural Product Radiance, 8(4): 356-365.
- Joshi, V.K., Sharma, S., John, S, Kaushal, B.B. and Rana, N (2009). Preparation of antioxidant rich apple and strawberry wines. Proc.Nat.Acad.Sci.India, Sect.B,Vol 79, Pt.IV
- Joshi, V.K., Sharma S Mutum Preema Devi and Bhardwaj, J.C. (2009). Effect of Initial sugar concentration on the physico-chemical and sensory qualities of plum wine. Journal of North East Foods, 8(1,2): 1-7.
- Joshi, V.K. and Sharma, S (2009). Preparation and evaluation of sauces from lactic acid fermented vegetables. J. Food Sci. Technol., 47 (2):214-218.
- Joshi V K, Sharma Somesh, Chauhan Arjun and Thakur N S. (2011) Preparation and evaluation of instant chutney mix from lactic acid fermented vegetables. International Journal of Food and Fermentation Technology. 1(2):201-209
- Joshi, V.K., Sharma, Rakesh, Sharma, Somesh and Abrol, G.S. (2011). Effect of dilution and de-acidification on physico-chemical and sensory quality of seabuckthorn wine. Journal of Hill Agriculture 2(1):47-53
- Joshi, V.K.; Sharma, Somesh; and Rana, Neerja. (2011). Preparation and evaluation of appetizers from lactic acid fermented vegetables. Journal of Hill Agriculture 2(1):20-27.
- N. S Thakur, Sharma S, Joshi V. K, Thakur K. S and Jindal N (2012). Studies on drying, packaging and storage of solar tunnel dried chilgoza nuts. Archives of Applied Science Research, 4 (3):1311-1319.
- Thakur, N S., Sharma Somesh, Gupta, R., and Gupta, A.(2014). Studies on drying and storage of chilgoza (Pinus gerardiana) nuts. J. Food Sci. Technol., 51(9):2092-2098
- Chauhan, P.K., Sharma, S.,Chandrika., Harsh., Manisha., and Mansi (2014). Evaluation of phytochemical and invitro antioxidant and antibacterial activities of wild plant species of Bauhinia and ficus of HP. World Journal of pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences. 3(4):659-668. (IP 0.19; ISBN 2278-4357)
- Kaur, M., Sandhu, K.S., Ahlawat, R.P and Sharma, S (2015). Invitro starch digestibility, pasting and textural properties of mung bean : Effect of different processing methods. J. Food Sci. Technol., 52(3): 1642-1648
- Gupta, M and Sharma, S (2016). Prebiotics fortified with fruit juices – A good carrier for probiotics. International Journal of Bio-Technology and Research. 6(1):43-48.
- Sharma, S, Kaushik, R, Sharma, S, Chauhan P K and Kumar N. (2016). Effect of herb extracts on growth of probiotic cultures. Indian Journal of Dairy Science. 69(3): 328-335.
- Thakur A. D., Sharma S., Chauhan P.(2016). Effect of pulp ratio, nitrogen concentration and inoculums concentration on pumpkin based functional wine. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences. 5 (10): 2501-2512
- Heer, K and Sharma, S. (2016). Antimicrobial activity of pigment produced from Micrococcus luteus. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences. 5 (10): 2757-2762.
- Chauhan, P., Sharma, S. and Thakur, AD (2016).Studies on natural and inoculated alcoholic fermentation of wild apricot for vinegar production. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences. 5 (10): 2918-2930.
- Sharma S, Thakur A D, Chauhan P, Thakur A, (2017). Studies on Phytochemical and Antioxidant Activity of Wild Apricot (Prunus armeniaca L) and Pomegranate (Punica granatum), International Journal of Economic Plants, 04(03):098-101
- Mahant K., Sharma S., Sharma, S.and Thakur A.D (2017). Effect of nitrogen source and citric acid addition on wine preparation from Japanese persimmon. Journal of the Institute of Brewing. 123 (1): 144-150. (ISSN: 2050-0416) IF 1.82
- Punia, S., Sandhu, K.S. and Sharma, S (2017). Comparative study of colour, pasting and antioxidant properties of different wheat cultivars as affected by toasting and roasting. Nutrafoods,16: 1-8. (ISSN: 1827-8590 (print version) ISSN: 2240-5291 (electronic version)
- Sharma, S., Thakur, A. D., Sharma, S and Attenasova, M (2018). Effect of yeast species on pumpkin wine making. Journal of the Institute of Brewing. 124 (2): 187-193 IF 1.82
- Kajal Kumari, Somesh Sharma, V.K. Joshi, Surabhi Sharma (2018). Adding value to wild Himalayan fig (Ficus palmata): Composition, functional and sensory characteristics of jam. The Journal of Phytopharmacology.7(1):13-18.
- Pathania S, Sharma, S and Kumari K (2018). Solid state fermentation of BSG for production of citric acid. Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources. 9(1): 70-74.
- Kajal Kumari, Sharma Somesh and Kaundal Kirti (2018). Production, purification and efficacy of bacteriocin isolated from natural lactic acid fermentation of wild Himalayan fig fruit. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. 12 (2): 879-885.
- Atanassova, MS, Aslam MS, Sharma Somesh, Nigam M, Atanassov LM, Pasdaran A, Ahmad M A (2018). Studies on nutritional facts of spring herbs collected from Bulgarian market. Journal of Public Health and Nutrition.1(3): 15-20.
- Thakur N., Gupta S., Nagraik R., Sharma S. and Verma, R and Kumar D, 2019. Elucidation of purified structure of Maldi-TOFpeptide fingerprint of purified microbial protease and its use in bioactive dipeptide precursor synthesis. International Journal on Emerging Technologies. 10(3), pp. 363-369
- Sharma, S., Thakur, A.D., Chauhan, P.K.,Nagraik R, Sharma Avinash Kumar, D., Thakur, N. (2020) Studies on development of pumpkin based antioxidant rich table wine. Vegetos. (Springer Nature). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s42535-020-00146-1.
- Duggal, S., Sharma, S., Verma, R., Kumar (2020) Preparation of different zein films from corn gluten meal and their use in coating of different model foods. Plant Archives. Volume 20 No. 1, 2020 pp. 2481-2486.
- Prashar, S., Sharma, S., Kumar, N., Kaushik, R and Chawla, P (2021). Formulation, characterization, and In vitro mineral absorption of Ficus Palmata fruit extract nanoemulsion. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2021.1879693.
- Oberoi, K.; Tolun, A.; Altintas, Z.; Sharma, S. (2021). Effect of Alginate-Microencapsulated Hydrogels on the Survival of Lactobacillus rhamnosus under Simulated Gastrointestinal Conditions. Foods, 10, 1999. https://doi.org/10.3390/ foods10091999.
- Joshi, V.K and Sharma, Somesh. (2004). Importance, nutritive value and medicinal contribution of wines. Beverage and Food world. 31(2): 41-44
- Thakur NS and Sharma Somesh. (2008). Jangli Anar- Aek Mahtavapurn Vayavasaik Phal. TIME (Technology Intervention for Mountain Ecosystem) a news letter of Department of Science and Technology( DST), New Delhi, Feb issue.
- Joshi, V.K. and Sharma, Somesh (2013). A Panorama of lactic acid bacterial fermentation of vegetables. International Journal of Food and Fermentation Technology. 2(1):1-12.
- Gupta, M and Sharma, S (2016). Probiotics in limelight. Journal of Innovative Biology. 3(1): 276-280.
- Gupta M, Sharma S and Sharma Surabhi (2016). ‘Probiotics’ A New Generation Functional Food-A Review. Biological Forum – An International Journal. 8(2): 363-375(2016)
- Heer, K and Sharma, Somesh (2017). Microbial pigments as a natural colour: A Review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research.8(5):1000-1010. ISSN (Online): 0975-8232, ISSN (Print): 2320-5148
- Avinash, Chauhan, P.K. Sharma, S. and Nagraik, R. (2017). An Era of Green Synthesized nanoparticles for diabetes treatment: A Review. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences. 6 (2): 183-192.
- Kumari K, Sharma S and Kaushik R (2017). Wild Himalayan Fig: A Nutraceutical under exploited fruit of Western Himalayan Region – A Review. International Journal of Advanced Research 5(9):2320-5407
- Khyati Oberoi, Aysu Tolun, Kanika Sharma and Somesh Sharma (2019). Microencapsulation: An Overview for the suvival of probiotic. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences. 9(2): 280-287
- Bhardwaj K, Islam, MT, Jayasena, V, Sharma, B, Sharma, S, Sharma, P, Kuka, K and Bharwaj, P (2020). Review on essential oils, chemical composition, extraction and utilization of some conifers in Northwestern Himalayas. Phytotherapy Research, 1-22.
- Harsh Kumar, Kanchan Bhardwaj, Ruchi Sharma, Eugenie Nepovimova, Kamil Kuˇca, Daljeet Singh Dhanjal, Rachna Verma, Prerna Bhardwaj, Somesh Sharma and Dinesh Kumar (2020). Fruit and Vegetable Peels: Utilization of High Value Horticultural Waste in Novel Industrial Applications. Molecules 2020, 25, 2812; doi:10.3390/molecules25122812
- Ruchi Sharma, Seid Mahdi Jafari, Somesh Sharma (2020). Antimicrobial bio-nanocomposites and their potential applications in food packaging. Food Control. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2020.107086
- Majid Tafrihi, Muhammad Imran, Tabussam Tufail, Tanweer Aslam Gondal, Gianluca Caruso, Somesh Sharma, Ruchi Sharma, Maria Atanassova, Lyubomir Atanassov, Patrick Valere Tsouh Fokou and Raffaele Pezzani (2021). The Wonderful Activities of the Genus Mentha: Not Only Antioxidant Properties. Molecules, 26, 1118. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26041118
- Ruchi Sharma, Khyati Oberoi, Kanika Sharma, Rupak Nagraik, Dinesh Kumar, Avinash Sharma, Somesh Sharma (2020). Bioactive compounds and ethnomedicinal uses of Syzygium cumini (L.) skeels – A comprehensive review. The Annals of the University Dunarea de Jos of Galati, Fascicle VI – Food Technology 44(1), 230-254
- Zeynep Ozlem Cinar, Maria Atanassova, Tugba Boyunegmez Tumer, Gianluca Caruso, Gizem Antika, Somesh Sharma, Javad Sharifi-Rad, Raffaele Pezzani. 2021, Cocoa and cocoa bean shells role in human health: An updated review. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis 103, 104115. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfca.2021.104115
- Thakur, N.S., Sharma, S. and Joshi, V.K. (2008). Technology for chilgoza nut drying. Directorate of extension education, Dr.Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forstry, Nauni Solan, HP
- Sharma, S., Chauhan, P.K. and Kumari, K (2016). Value added products from wild Himalayan Fig (in Hindi), Pamphlet for 2 days training of Rural women, NGO etc. School of Bioengineering and Food Technology, Shoolini University, Solan under Department of Science and Technology, SARTHI funded project.
- Surabhi Sharma, Somesh Sharma, Nikita Paul, Hemlata Kandari and Bhaskar Pant. 2016. Value added products from apple (in hindi). Pamphlet for 2 days (23rd & 24th September, 2016) extension training on “Value added products from apple”. Institute of Food Science & Technology, Majrigrant, Dehradun, VCSG Uttarakhand University of Horticulture and Forestry, Bharsar, Paui Garhwal (Uttarakhand)
- Surabhi Sharma, Somesh Sharma, Nikita Paul, Hemlata Kandari and Bhaskar Pant. 2016. Value added products from orange (in hindi). Pamphlet for 1 day (26th Oct, 2016) extension training on “Value added products from orange ”. Institute of Food Science & Technology, Majrigrant, Dehradun, VCSG Uttarakhand University of Horticulture and Forestry, Bharsar, Paui Garhwal (Uttarakhand)
- Sharma, S., Kumari, K and Chauhan, P.K. (2018). Processing of fruits and vegetables (in Hindi), 54 pages Booklet for rural women and NGO etc. School of Bioengineering and Food Technology, Shoolini University, Solan under Department of Science and Technology, SARTHI funded project.
- Bhatt, Anju, Bhushan Shashi and Sharma Somesh (2000). Preserves, Candies, Crystallized Fruits and Vegetables. In: Postharvest Technology of Fruits and Vegetables. Verma, L.R. and Joshi, V.K( Eds).(2000) Vol 2 pp720. The Indus Publ,. New Delhi. (ISBN No. 8173871086)
- Joshi, V.K., Sharma Somesh, Bhushan Shashi and Attri, Devender (2004). Fruit-Based alcoholic beverages. In: Concise Encyclopedia of Bioresource Technology. Pandey, Ashok (Editor) Haworth Inc Press, New York.pp.335-345 (ISBN No. 1-56022-980-2)
- Joshi, V.K. and Sharma, S.(2009). Cider Vinegar. In: Vinegars of the world. Paolo Giudici and Lisa Solieri (Eds), Springer Milan Berlin Heidelberg, New York. Pp. (ISBN No.978047008656)
- Joshi. V.K., Sharma Somesh and Parmar M (2011). Cider and Perry. In: Hand Book of Enology Principles, Practices and Recent Innovations. Joshi V.K (Editor) Asia Tech Publ. Co., New Delhi.pp. 1116-1147 (ISBN NO.8187680245)
- Bhushan. S and Sharma Somesh (2011). The maturation of wines and Brandies. In: Hand Book of Enology Principles, Practices and Recent Inovations. Joshi V.K (Editor) Asia Tech Publ. Co., New Delhi Vol II pp.861-900. (ISBN NO.8187680245)
- Joshi V K, Sharma Somesh and Rana VS. (2012). Wine and Brandy. In: Food Biotechnology: Principles and Practices. Joshi, V.K. and Singh, R.S.(Eds). IK International Publishing House, Pvt Ltd. New Delhi. Pp 471-494 (ISBN 9789381141496)
- Sharma Somesh, Joshi V K and Thakur NS. (2012). Lactic acid fermented foods. In: Food Biotechnology: Principles and Practices. Joshi, V.K. and Singh, R.S.(Eds). IK International Publishing House, Pvt Ltd. New Delhi. Pp 375-415 (ISBN NO.9789381141496)
- Sharma, S.K., Joshi V K and Sharma Somesh (2012). Probiotics: Concepts and applications in food. In: Food Biotechnology: Principles and Practices. Joshi, V.K. and Singh, R.S.(Eds). IK International Publishing House, Pvt Ltd. New Delhi. Pp 781-798. (ISBN NO.9789381141496)
- A Rosma, A.H. Siti Nadiah, Anup Raj, Somboon tanasupawat, Somesh Sharma, V. K. Joshi and et,al., (2016). Acetic Acid Fermented Food Products. In: Indigenous Fermented Foods of South East Asia. (Ed) V.K. Joshi, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL. pp 583-620.(ISBN NO. 9781439887837)
- Ramesh C. Ray, S. G. Prapulla, S.Y.Pinto, Sankar C. Deka, Somesh Sharma, Suresh kumar , Tsering Stobdan, V. K. Joshi and et.al., (2016). Indigenous Fermented Foods Involving Acid Fermentation. In: Indigenous Fermented Foods of South East Asia. (Ed) V.K. Joshi, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL pp. 753-765. (ISBN NO. 9781439887837)
- Senapati A K, Pandey Anita, Anton Ann, Sharma Somesh, Kumar Suresh, Tsering Stobdan, Joshi V. K. (2016). Traditional Fermented Foods: Composition and Nutritive Value. In: Indigenous Fermented Foods of South East Asia. (Ed) V.K. Joshi, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL. pp 425-480. (ISBN NO. 9781439887837)
- Sharma, S, Thakur A. and Maiti, R. K (2016). Post-Harvest Technology for Reducing Stress on Bio-resource: Recent Advances and Future Needs. In: Bioresource and Stress Management. (Ed)R. K Maiti, Aruna Kumari, A. Thakur and NC Sarkar. Springer, Singapore 276- 298 (ISBN No. 9789811009952)
- Joshi VK, Sharma S and Thakur A (2016). Berry and other fruit wines. In: Science and Technology of Fruit wines (Ed). Maria Kossovea, V.K. Joshi and P.S. Panesar. Elsevier,UK pp. 382-409. (ISBN NO. 9780128008508 )
- Joshi VK, Sharma S and Thakur A (2016). Wines – White, red, sparkling, fortified, and Cider. In: Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering (Elsevier book series of nine volumes) (Ed). Ashok Pandey, Guocheng Du, Maria Angeles Sanroman, Carlos Ricardo Soccol and Claude-Gilles Dussap. Elsevier, 353-406
- Thakur Aman Deep, Kaushik Ravinder, Sharma Somesh, Rani Pooja (2017). Development of whey wine and its evaluation. Chapter 9. Human Health and Nutrition with special emphasis on dairy and cereal products. GYANKOSH Publishers & Distributors, ISBN: 978-81-932755-7-3, pp: 78-87.
- Sharma Somesh and Sharma Surabhi (2018). Technological Interventions in vegetable fermentation. In: Technology of Handling, Packaging, Processing, Preservation of Fruits and
- Vegetables: Theory and Practical’s, V.K Joshi (ed) New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, India pp 521-542.
- 17.Joshi VK, Sharma Somesh, Chauhan Arjun, Chopra Vikas and Sharma Sarita (2019). Lactic Acid Fermentation of Food Bio preservation, Health Benefits and Bacteriocins. In: Technology of Handling, Packaging, Processing, Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables: Theory and Practicals, V.K Joshi (ed) New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, India pp 425-467.
- Vandana Bali, Parmjit. S. Panesar, V.K. Joshi and Somesh Sharma (2021). Fortified wines: Production Technology. In Concise of Encyclopedia Science and Technology of wine. Eds VK Joshi, RS Jackson, L Farina, M Bordiga, A Lonvaud. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL. Pg. 456-469.
- Shashi Bhushan, Ajay Rana and Somesh Sharma (2021). Wines and Brandies: Maturation Aspects. In Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology of Wine. Eds VK Joshi, RS Jackson, L Farina, M Bordiga, A Lonvaud. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL. Pg 390-401
- V.K. Joshi, Laura Fariña, Somesh Sharma and Naveen kumar (2021). Production of Cider and Perry. In Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology of Wine. Eds VK Joshi, RS Jackson, L Farina, M Bordiga, A Lonvaud. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL. Pg.487-498.
- V.K. Joshi, Somesh Sharma and Vikas Kumar (2021). Cider: The Production Technology. In: Winemaking: Basics and Applied Aspects. Eds VK Joshi and RC Ray. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL.pg. 581-607. ISBN 978-1-138-49091-8.
Patents Published/ Filled
- Somesh Sharma and Kiran Mahant (2015). Improved persimmon wine with enhanced antioxidant activity and standardized method of production thereof. Patent filling No. 3884/DEL/2015 dated 28/11/2015.Patent published Indian Patent Office Journal Dated 02/06/2017, No 22/2017 Page No.266.
- Anju Bala, Ravinder Kaushik, Naveen Kumar and Somesh Sharma (2017) Herbal extract based formulation for treatment of Salmonellosis. Patent filling No. TEMP/E-1/26232/2017-DEL Dated 20/07/2017.
- Kanchan Heer and Somesh Sharma (2017). Low-cost production of canthaxanthin and xanthophyll pigments using micrococcus luteus and brewer’s spent grain. Patent filling No. 201711031489, Dated 06/09/2017.
- Neha, Ravinder kaushik, Somesh Sharma and Naveen Kumar (2017). Process for economical and fast production of pure walnut wine from de-oiled walnut kernels. Patent filling No. 201711034223, Dated 27/09/2017.
- Priyanka Cauhan and Somesh Sharma (2017). Eco-friendly process for production of high value therapeutic fruit vinegar from wild apricots. Patent filling No. 201711037589 Dated 24/10/2017
- Amandeep Thakur and Somesh Sharma (2017). A Novel method and composition of pumpkin wine using oak (Quercus leucotrichophora) wood chips. Patent filling No. 201711038776 Dated 31/10/17
- Shampy Duggal, Dinesh Kumar and Somesh Sharma (2017). Zein film composition with plasticizer for coating of food products. (Patent Filing No. 201711043005)
- Somesh Sharma and Vivek Kumar (2018). Improved apparatus for rapid and good quality vinegar production and method thereof. Patent filling No. 201811009973 dated 19/03/2018.
- Kajal Kumari and Somesh Sharma (2018). Thermostable bacteriocin and method thereof. Patent filling No. 20181101010522 dated 22/03/2018 .
- Somesh Sharma and Shubham Pathak (2018). Therapeutic wine prepared by synergistic fermentation of whole beet root pulp and apple juice concentrate. Patent filling No. 20181101010514 dated 22/03/2018
- Avinash, Pankaj Kumar Chauhan, Rupak Nagraik, Somesh Sharma (2018). Green synthesized process for zinc oxide nanoparticles using a plant extract of murraya koeingii and its antibacterial efficacy thereof. Patent filling No. 201811018235 dated 15/05/2018
- Somesh Sharma, Adit Rana, Raj Kumar, Abhilash Pathania (2018). Ionised filtered compressed air type vinegar generating apparatus. Patent Filling No. 201811045881 dated 5 Dec, 2018.
- Ankita walia, Somesh Sharma and Rajat Singh (2020). A method for preparation of wild pomegranate peel enriched cookies with high antioxidants and dietary fibre. Patent filling No. 202011038365 dated 4 September, 2020
- Somesh Sharma, Md Naushad Ananya Dviwedi and Adeva Santhana Divyan. Balnching (2020). Air Dryer and water Bath Combo Machine. Patent filling no 2209200008786 dated 22/09/2020.
- Somesh Sharma, Khyati Oberoi, Esther Malsawmdawngliani, Kanika Sharma, Ruchi Sharma (2020). A Process for the Preparation of dried fruits and vegetable products. Patent filling No 202011057338 dated 31/12/2020.
- Khyati Oberoi, Somesh Sharma and Kanika Sharma. Probiotic apple-based beverage using potential microencapsulated starter culture l. Rhamnosus.Patent filling no. TEMP/E-1/7892/2022-DEL dated 10/2/2022.