An expert of Human Resources Management, Sandeep Singh qualified UGC- NET in 2013 and did his PhD in 2021 in HRM from Jaypee University of Information Technology, HP, India. He has been teaching post-graduates and under graduates for the last 13 years after a successful stint of more than 3 years in the industry.
Singh has publications in ABDC as well as Scopus journals of repute and has research interests in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, Cultural Studies, Resilience, as well as Stress and Workplace Dynamics. His current endeavors include developing instruments for work from home and micro aggressions at the workplace.
He has attended more than 12 international conferences and presented papers in them. Singh has organized various seminars and workshops and has been an active member of various administrative teams.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Sharma, T. and Singh, S. (2021), "Relationship of emotional intelligence with cultural intelligence and change readiness of Indian managers in the service sector", Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 34 No. 7, pp. 1245-1256. https://doi.org/10.1108/JOCM-05-2017-0193
2. Singh, S., Sharma, T. & Sehrawat, A. (2020). Cultural Intelligence as a Mediator of Adversity Quotient and Occupational Stress of Indian Managers. International journal of Business and Globalisation. (in-publication)
1. C. Sharma, S. Ahmad and S. Singh (2022), "Impact of Human Resource Practices on Individual and Organization Growth," International Conference on Decision Aid Sciences and Applications (DASA), 2022, pp. 937-941. https://doi.org/10.1109/DASA54658.2022.9765203.
2. T. T. Momin, S. Singh and T. Sharma, "Glass Ceiling: Existing Position and Future Directions," 2022 IEEE Delhi Section Conference (DELCON), 2022, pp. 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1109/DELCON54057.2022.9753116.
3. S. Singh, C. Sharma, S. Sharma and N. K. Verma (2021), "Re-Learning Emotional Intelligence Through Artificial Intelligence," 9th International Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (Trends and Future Directions) (ICRITO), 2021, pp. 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRITO51393.2021.9596091
4. Singh, S., & Sharma, T. (2018). Affect of Emotional Intelligence on Adversity Quotient of Service Sector Managers. AIP Conference Proceedings. 2016, p.p. 020135(1)-(7). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2017.11.345
5. Singh, S., &Sharma, T. (2017). Affect of Adversity Quotient on the Occupational Stress of Managers in IT Sector. Procedia Computer Science. 122, p.p. 86-93. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5055537
1. Singh, S., & Sharma, T. (2017). Role of Emotional Intelligence in Determining Occupational Stress of Indian Retail Managers. Kaav International Journal of Economics , Commerce & Business Management, 4(4), 62-67.ISSN: 2348 – 4969
2. Sharma, T.,& Singh, S. (2017).Emotional Intelligence as a Tool for Hiring. Kaav International Journal of Economics , Commerce & Business Management. 4(4), 461-464. ISSN: 2348 – 4969
1. Singh, S., & Sharma, T. (2018). Affect of Emotional Intelligence on Adversity Quotient of Managers of Indian Banking and Insurance Sector. InG. Singh, R. Goel.& A. Maurya (Eds.). Globalization Opportunities for Emerging Economies, Delhi: Ocean Publishing House, p.p. 91-104. ISBN: 9789386330208
2. Sharma,T., Singh, S., Sehrawat, A &Sood, P. (2017). Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Creative Quotient of Engineers. In J.K Sharma & L.K. Tyagi (Eds.). Global Business Strategies for Sustainability, New Delhi: Bharti Publications, p.p. 415-424. ISBN: 9789386608185
3. Singh, S., Sharma, T. (2017). Emotional Intelligence and Educational Leadership. In Dr. S.M. AnasIqbal (Eds.). Transformation in Business Governance, Delhi: Shroff Publishers and Distributors Pvt. Ltd., pp. 174-177. ISBN: 9789352134953