He is working as Assistant Professor in School of Physics and Materials Science. He has done his bachelor’s degree from the University of Jammu, J & K, India and master’s degree from the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India. Competed his Ph.D. from Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Bajhol, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India. He is working on synthesis of ferrite-based nanomaterials, perovskite materials, semi-conducting materials, dielectric materials and polymers based nanocomposites for investigating their structural, morphological, optical, magnetic and dielectric characteristics for potential applications such as magnetic storage devices, high density recording media, electromagnets, permanent magnets, microwave and high frequency applications, multi-layer chip inductors (MLCIs), waste water treatments etc.
1. Rohit Jasrotia, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Kirti Singha, Monika Chandel, Mahavir Singh, Analysis of Cd2+ and In3+ ions doping on microstructure, optical, magnetic and Mössbauer spectral properties of sol-gel synthesized BaM hexagonal ferrite based nanomaterials, Results in Physics, 12, 2019, 1933-1941.
2. Rohit Jasrotia, Gagan Kumar, Khalid Mujasam Batoo, Syed Farooq Adil, Mujeeb Khan, Rajesh Sharma, Arun Kumar, Virender Pratap Singh, Synthesis and characterization of Mg-Ag-Mn nano-ferrites for electromagnet applications, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 569, 2019, 1-7.
3. Rohit Jasrotia*, Suman, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Ritesh Verma, Ankush Chauhan, Effect of Y3+, Sm3+ and Dy3+ ions on the microstructure, morphology, optical and magnetic properties NiCoZn magnetic nanoparticles, Results in Physics, 15, 2019, 102544.
4. Rohit Jasrotia*, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Mahavir Singh, Raman spectra of sol-gel auto-combustion synthesized Mg-Ag-Mn and Ba-Nd-Cd-In ferrite based nanomaterials, Ceramics International, 46, 2020, 618-621.
5. Rohit Jasrotia*, Virender Pratap Singh, Bhawna Sharma, Ankit Verma, Pooja Puri, Rajesh Sharma, Mahavir Singh, Sol-gel synthesized Ba-Nd-Cd-In nanohexaferrites for high frequency and microwave devices applications, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 830, 2020, 154687.
6. Rohit Jasrotia*, Pooja Puri, Ankit Verma, Virender Pratap Singh, Magnetic and Electrical Traits of Sol-Gel synthesized Ni-Cu-Zn Nanosized Spinel Ferrites for Multilayer Chip Inductors Application, Journal of Solid-State Chemistry, 289, 2020, 121462.
7. Monika Chandel, Virender Pratap Singh, Rohit Jasrotia, Kirti Singha, Mahavir Singh, Susheel Kalia, Fabrication of Ni2+ and Dy3+ substituted Y-type nanohexaferrites: A study of Structural and Magnetic Properties, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 2020, 412378.
8. Monika Chandel, Rohit Jasrotia*, Virender Pratap Singh, Kirti Singha, Rajesh Sharma, A review on structural, electrical and magnetic properties of Y-type hexaferrites synthesized by different techniques for antenna applications and microwave absorbing characteristic materials, AIIMS Materials Science, 2020, 7(3): 244–268.
9. Rohit Jasrotia*, Pooja Puri, Virender Pratap Singh, Sol-Gel synthesized Mg-Ag-Mn nanoferrites for Potential Applications, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10971-020-05428-3.
10. Rohit Jasrotia*, Satvinder Kour, Pooja Puri, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Structural and Magnetic Investigation of Al3+ and Cr3+ substituted Ni-Co-Cu nanoferrites for Potential Applications, Solid State Sciences, 2020, 106445.
11. Kirti Singha, Virender Pratap Singh, Rohit Jasrotia*, Monika Chandel, Susheel Kalia, A study of Magnetic Properties of Y-Ni-Mn substituted Co2Z-type Nanohexaferrites via Vibrating Sample Magnetometry, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10971-020-05412-x.
12. Kanika Dulta, Gozde Kosarsoy Agceli, Parveen Chauhan, Rohit Jasrotia, Pankaj Kumar Chauhan, A Novel Approach of Synthesis Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles by Bergenia Ciliata rhizome Extract: Antibacterial and Anticancer Potential, Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, 2020, https://doi.org/10/1007/s10904-020-01684-6.
13. Virender Pratap Singh, Rohit Jasrotia, Pankaj Raizada, Sourabh Thakur, Khalid M. Batoo and Mahavir Singh, A Current Review on the Synthesis and Magnetic Properties of M-Type Hexaferrites Material. World Journal of Condensed Matter Physics, 8, 2018, 36-61.
14. Rohit Jasrotia*, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar Sharma, Pawan Kumar, and Mahavir Singh, Analysis of effect of Ag+ ion on microstructure and elemental distribution of strontium W-type hexaferrites, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2142, 2019, 140004.
15. Rohit Jasrotia*, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar Sharma, and Mahavir Singh, Analysis of optical and magnetic study of silver substituted SrW hexagonal ferrites, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2142, 2019, 090004.
16. Satvinder Kour, Rajesh Kumar Sharma, Rohit Jasrotia, and Virender Pratap Singh, A brief review on the synthesis of maghemite (γ-Fe2O3) for medical diagnostic and solar energy applications, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2142, 2019, 090007.
17. Satvinder Kour, Rohit Jasrotia*, Pooja Puri, Ankit Verma, Bhawna Sharma, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Susheel Kalia, Synthesis of Zinc and Lanthanum Substituted MnFe2O4 Nanoferrites for Photocatalytic Dye Degradation, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2020 (Under Review).
18. Rohit Jasrotia*, Pooja Puri, Ankit Verma, Bhawna Sharma, Virender Pratap Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Enhanced Photocatalytic Degradation of crystal violet and rhodamine B pollutants mediated by Ce3+ and Ni2+ substituted MgFe2O4 nanoferrites, Materials