An expert in Environmental Economics, Dr. Kesari Singh teaches students of UG, PG and doctoral programs. Her areas of research are environmental economics and natural resource management. She did her PhD in economics from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in 2008.
A state topper and university rank holder at Post-Graduation and Graduation levels, she was awarded various scholarships and fellowships including the Poverty-cum-Brilliance Scholarship, Merit Scholarship and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
She has worked on various UNDP and World Bank funded projects with the State and Centre Governments. She also served the Planning Department, Government of Himachal Pradesh during 2004-05 & 2006-07 and worked on UNDP funded projects viz. “Pattern and Context of Rural Livelihood in Himachal Pradesh” and “Strengthening of State Plans for Human Development”. Also worked with Central Potato Research Institute (CPRI) during 2008-2010 where she was engaged in ICAR & National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP) & worked on “Value Chain on Potato and Potato Products”.
She has been guiding PhD scholars in different domains of management and economics research.
Singh is a member of The International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE) – Boston Massachusetts, USA; The Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE), Delhi, India; World Economic Association, United Kingdom; and the Society of Economics and Development, India.
- Vashisht, R and Singh, K. (2020). Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor of Occupational Stress and Job Satisfaction of Doctors. Annals of Agri-Bio Research 25 (2) :290-294.
- Vashisht, R and Singh, K. (2020). Emotional Intelligence and Conflict Management Style of Doctors. Annals of Biology 36 (3) : 483-488.
- Singh, K. and Appiah, W.A. (2020). Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Foreign Direct Investment and Foreign Institutional Investment. International web Conference
- on Pandemic Effect and Global Economy: Unseen Challenges & Opportunities Post Covid-19 Diagnosis (IC 2020), Amity University, Patna, 31st July - 1st August, 2020.
- Appiah, W.A. and Singh, K. (2020). COVID-19 and the Changed Work Life Balance Scenario for the Working Women- A Literature Review. International WebConference on Pandemic Effect and Global Economy: Unseen Challenges & Opportunities Post Covid-19 Diagnosis (IC 2020), Amity University, Patna, 31st July 1st August, 2020.
- Singh, K. and Gupta, N. (2020). Financial Inclusion in India- A Review”, Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 16(2): 278-284.
- Vashisht, R., Singh, K., & Sharma, S. (2018). Emotional Intelligence and its Relationship with Conflict Management and Occupational Stress: A Meta-Analysis. Pacific Business Review International, 11(4): 30-38.
- Singh, K. & Negi, A. (2017). Valuation of Forest Recourses in India- Approaches and Evidences. Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 6(2): 46-61. Gupta, N. & Kesari, (2017). Comparative Study on Financial Inclusion of Public and Private Sector Banks- A Case Study of North Eastern Region. National Conference on Management, Economics & Social Sciences (NCMESS 2017), 14-15 July,2017.
- Singh, K. (2016). Gender Perspective in Forest Management. Proceedings of National Conference on Forestry in India: Management, Genetics, Biodiversity and Climate Change Perspectives. HFRI, Shimla, Kanchi Publications: 15-20.
- Singh, K, (2016). Valuation of Direct Consumptive Benefits of Forests of Himachal Pradesh. International Journal of Development Research (IJDR). 6(10): 9858-9864
- Singh, K. and Gupta, N. (2016). Customer‟s Perception and Satisfaction towards Services of Public & Private Sector Banks. International Journal of Management
- (IJM). 7(6): 77-88.
- Gupta N & Kesari, (2016). A Study on Non Performing Assets of Public and Private Sector Banks in India. International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences. 4(9): 174-180.
- Gupta N, Kesari & YS Negi (2015). Comparative Study on Customer Satisfaction of Public and Private Sector Banks- A Case Study of Shimla Town in Himachal Pradesh. Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 4(II): 60-70.
- Singh K & R Kumar, (2015). Financial Viability and Performance Evaluation of Districts Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) in Haryana: A Comparative Analysis. Apex Research Journal of Information Technology & Management. Vol. III: 52-60.
- Kesari, N Verma & YS Negi, (2015). Sustainable Socio-Economic Development in Himalayan Region: A Shoolini University Initiative. Scientific Poster Competition in Convocation, 15th December, 2015, Shoolini University, Solan.