Prof Dinesh Kumar is professor and Head at the School of Bioengineering and Food Technology at Shoolini University. He has around 11 years of experience and teaches Food Microbiology and Industrial Microbiology. At present, he is working on Industrial Microbiology and Development of Biosensors for food-borne diseases and human pathogens. He received his PhD from the Himachal Pradesh University in Biotechnology in 2003.
In 2004, Kumar was a faculty member at the NC College of Engineering, Panipat. From 2004 to 2008 he headed the School of Lifesciences and Biotechnology at SILB, Solan. He has presented research work at international conferences in Ireland, Netherlands, and France. He has also completed a PGDCA and Certificate Course in German Language from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
- Kumar, D., Gajju, H, &Bhalla, T.C. (2002) Production of thermostable protease by Bacillus sp. APR-4.Asian Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, 4, 533-540.
- Sankhian, U.D., Kumar, H., Chand, D, Kumar, D.&Bhalla, T.C (2003) Nitrile hydratase of Rhodococcusrhodochrous NHB-2: optimization of conditions for production of enzyme and conversion of acrylonitrile to acrylamide. Asian Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences,2, 79-85.
- Kumar, D., Chand, D., Sankhian, U.D. &Bhalla, T.C. (2003) Utilization of Bacillus sp. APR-4 protease in peptide synthesis. Indian Journal of Microbiology, 43,131-133. http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/5900
- Kumar, D., Chand, D., Sankhian, U.D., &Bhalla, T.C. (2004) Bacillus sp. APR-4 protease as a laundry additive. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 3, 563-567. http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/5900
- Chand, D., Kumar, H., Sankhian, U.D., &Kumar, D., Vitzthum, F., &Bhalla T.C. (2004) Treatment of waste water containing toxic amides by immobilized Rhodococcusrhodochrous NHB-2 using a highly compact five-stage plug flow reactor. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 20, 679-686. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11274-004-2158-8
- Kumar, D., Chand, D., Sankhian, U.D., &Bhalla, T.C. (2004) Purification and characterization of a small size protease from Bacillus sp. APR-4. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 42, 515-521. http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/23443
- Kumar, D.,&Bhalla, T.C. (2005) Microbial proteases in peptide synthesis: approaches and applications. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 68, 726-736. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-005-0094-7
- Chauhan, G.S., Singh, B., Chauhan, S., Dhiman, S.K., & Kumar, D. (2006) A study of synthesis, kinetics and characterization of reactive graft copolymers of poly-vinyl imidazole) and cellulose for use as support in enzyme immobilization and metal ion uptake. Journal of Applied Polymer Science,100, 1522-1530. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.23651
- Kumar, D., Savitri, Thakur, N., Verma, R. &Bhalla, T.C. (2008) Microbial proteases and application as laundry detergent additive. Research Journal of Microbiology, 3, 661-672. DOI: 10.3923/jm.2008.661.672
- Kumar, D., Verma, R. &Bhalla, T.C. (2010) Citric acid production from apple pomace left after juice extraction by Aspergillusniger van. Tieghem MTCC-281. Journal of Food Science & Technology,47(4), 458-460. DOI: 10.1007/s13197-010-0077-2
- Prakash, C., Sharma, I., & Kumar, D.(2011) Production of a thermostable and alkaline Protease by Bacillus Subtilis MTCC 9226. Research Journal of Biotechnology, 6(2), 44-48.
- Shipra, Shirkot, P. & Kumar, D. (2011) Assessment of genetic diversity of Indigoferapulchella in Himachal Pradesh using isozyme markers. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 68(3), 386-393.
- Verma, R., Parkash, V., &Kumar, D.(2012) Ethnomedicinal uses of some plants of Kanag Hill in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy, 3(2), 319-322.
- Kaushal, A., Kumar, D., Khare, S., & Kumar, A (2012) speB gene as a specific marker for early detection of rheumatic heart disease in human. Cellular & Molecular Biology, 58(1), 50-54. DOI 10.1170/T920
- Kumar, A., Singh, S., &Kumar, D. (2014) Evaluation of antimicrobial potential of cadmium sulphide nanoparticles against bacterial pathogens. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review and Research, 24(2), 204-206.
- Kumar, A., &Kumar, D. (2014) Isolation and characterization of bacteria from dairy samples of Solan in Himachal Pradesh for identification of Lactobacillus spp. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review and Research, 25(2), 110-114.
- Kumar, A. & Kumar, D. (2015) Characterization of Lactobacillus isolated from dairy samples for probiotic properties. Anaerobe, 33, 117-123.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anaerobe.2015.03.004
- Kumar, A., & Kumar, D.(2016) Development of antioxidant rich fruit supplemented probiotic yogurts using free and microencapsulated Lactobacillus rhamnosus culture. Journal of Food Science & Technology, 53(1), 667-675. DOI:10.1007/s13197-015-1997-7
- Gupta S., Kaushal, A., Kumar, A., & Kumar, D. (2016) Multiwalled carbon nanotubes based immunosensor for diagnosis of celiac disease. Cellular and Molecular Biology, 2016, 62(3). DOI: 10.4172/1165-158X.1000139.
- Kaushal A, Singh S, Kala D, Kumar D, Kumar A. speBgenosensor for rapid detection of Streptococcus pyogenes causing damage of heart valves in human. Cellular and Molecular Biology, 2016, 62(3). DOI: 10.4172/1165-158X.1000139.
- Kaushal, A., Swati, S., Kumar, A., & Kumar, D.(2017) Nano-Au/cMWCNT modified speB gene specific amperometric sensor for rapidly detecting Streptococcus pyogenes causing Rheumatic heart disease. Indian Journal of Microbiology,57(1),121–124. DOI 10.1007/s12088-016-0636-y. Gupta , S., Kaushal, A., Kumar, A.,Kumar .D.(2017) Ultrasensitive transglutaminase based nanosensor for early detection of celiac disease in human. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 105, 905-911. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2017.07.126
- Thakur, N., Kumar, A., Sharma, A., Bhalla, T.C., & Kumar, D. (2018) Purification and characterization of alkaline, thermostable and organic solvent stable protease from a mutant of Bacillus sp. Biocatalysis and Agriculture Biotechnology, 16, 217-224.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bcab.2018.08.005
- Gupta, S., Kaushal, A., Kumar, A., & Kumar, D. (2019) Recent advances in biosensors for diagnosis of celiac disease: A review. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 116 (2), 444-451. https://doi.org/10.1002/bit.26856
- Kumar, D.,Verma, R., Sharma, P., Rana, A., Sharma, R., Prakash, C., &Bhalla, T.C. (2010) Production and partial purification of xylanase from a new thermophilic isolate Bacillus pumilusSILB-X MTCC 8964. Biological Forum, 2(2), 83-87.
- Parmar, R., & Kumar, D.(2015) Study of chemical composition in wild edible mushroom Pleurotuscornucopiae (Paulet) from Himachal Pradesh, India by using Fourier transforms infrared spectrometry (FTIR), Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GCMS) and X-ray fluorescence (XRF). Biological Forum, 7(2), 1057-1066.
- Duggal, S., & Kumar, D. (2016) Process optimization for recovery of zein (a valuable maize protein) from corn meal and corn gluten meal using microbial enzymatic hydrolysis. Biological Forum, 8(2), 4-9.
- Kumar, A., & Kumar, D. (2016) Development of wild fruits fortified probiotic milk using Lactobacillus rhamnosus culture. Biological Forum, 8(2), 22-28.
- Dogra, P., & Kumar, D. (2017) Characterization of Monascuspurpureus isolated from red yeast rice and its evaluation for production of cholesterol lowering lovastatin. Biological Forum, 9(1), 70-76.
- Thakur, N., Bhalla, T.C., & Kumar, D. (2017) Systemic mutagenesis of Bacillus sp. APR-4 for enhanced production of thermostable and alkaline protease. Biological Forum, 9(2), 54-60.
- Thakur, N., Goyal, M., Sharma, S, & Kumar, D. (2018) Proteases; industrial applications and approaches used in strain improvement. Biological Forum, 10(1), 158-167.
- Surya, K., & Kumar, D. (2018) Hydrothermal and enzymatic pretreatment of apple pomace for bioethanol production by solid state fermentation. Biological Forum, 10(2), 114-120.