Yoga: Course Information
School of Yoga is a part of the faculty of Business Management and Liberal Arts. It is first of its kind in North India to have launched Bachelor, Masters, and Doctoral programmes in Yoga and Naturopathy. Our vision is to integrate Yoga with high-end research in Biology for studying the impact of yogic practices on human body, mind, and soul.
Highlights of the School:
1. The School of Yoga is headed by a Medical Physician (MBBS) with a degree in Yoga and Naturopathy. In addition, two teachers with doctorate degree are also enriching the school.
2. Ministry of AYUSH, Govt of India has awarded a 100 bedded Yoga and Naturopathy and Yoga hospital with a total grant of rupees 80 lakh.
3. The University has launched Yogananda Ville wherein huts are being constructed amidst the pine forest so that the scholars of Yoga can meditate and carry out research on human physiology in the serene environment.
4. A team of four members headed by the Dean, Academic Affairs participated in International Yoga day in Minzu Yunnan University, China. The team organized a workshop on Yoga on the eve of International Yoga Day on June 21, 2018.
5. Shoolini University has entered into an MOU with Yunnan Minzu University, Kunming China for bilateral partnership in Yoga with an eye on the exchange of teachers and students.
6. The scientists of the Faculty of Biotechnology are undertaking a study to examine the effect of Raja yoga on the immune system of Raja Yoga practitioners. The study has established that people practicing Raja yoga have better cancer-fighting capacity even at the age of 60 and above.
7. Shoolini University organized International Yoga Day on 21st June 2018 in Police Ground Solan in collaboration with the District Administration in which besides students and employees of the University, 225 students from different Senior Secondary Schools located in Himachal Pradesh also participated who were undergoing INSPIRE Science Training at Shoolini University.
8. The curricula are designed to meet the ancient heritage aspiration vis-à-vis modern human physiology and the Patanjali Yoga Sutra and Bhagwat Gita.
1. Shoolini University is the first university of the region to take up its initiative working towards 100 percent employability to its students in corporate sector, five-star hotels, teaching instructors and researchers.
2. With the Internationalization of Yoga, the job avenues for the graduate professionals have also increased manifold both in India and abroad.
3. Yoga through an Indian Science, it embodies vast potential in future for the young Yoga Graduates.