School of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Shoolini University aims to impart quality education and enable students to pursue research in areas relevant to the region and country. Located in the picturesque pines of Shimla Hills, the campus provides a serene environment for learning. The School of Pharmacy is ranked 39 among all colleges of India by the NIRF (Ministry of HRD, GoI). We are the only pharmacy school in Himachal Pradesh to acquire NIRF ranking. Shoolini University is the only NBA Accredited B Pharmacy program in Himachal Pradesh.
Shoolini University is the only NBA Accredited B. program in Himachal Pradesh.
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences:
Our vision is to generate world-class pharmacy professionals who are competent enough to efficiently fulfill the needs of pharmacy education, research, and industry. We also encourage them to stay committed to serve the society with their professional expertise while being an indispensable part of the healthcare team.
- To impart quality education utilizing innovative teaching methods and groom graduates with high standard technical, communication and leadership skills.
- To stimulate the quest for excellence in research and scholarship, inculcate a commitment to life-long learning, community service and social responsibility in students.
- To focus research efforts on the utilization of Himalayan flora for drug discovery for diseases of national relevance.
|B Pharmacy||4 years||10+2 (PCB/PCM) with minimum 60% marks.|
|M Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics)||2 years||B Pharmacy from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India with minimum 55% marks.|
|M Pharmacy (Pharmacology)||2 years||B Pharmacy from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India with minimum 55% marks.|
|M Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)||2 years||BSc with Chemistry as one of the subjects with minimum 55% marks.|
|PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences||3 years||Master’s in Pharmacy, Sciences or any other related discipline with at least 55% marks.|
|B Pharmacy with Summit Research Program||4 years||10+2 (PCB/PCM) with minimum 75% marks.|
|B Pharmacy LEET||3 years||Diploma in Pharmacy with 60% marks from an institution approved by Pharmacy Council of India.|
Why Enroll for Pharmaceutical Sciences at Shoolini?
- Research is an integral part of the curriculum involving the students in application and problem-oriented major/minor projects of UG, PG and PhD students
- Innovative teaching and practical pedagogy including online eUniv
- Modernized laboratories equipped with UPLC, HPTLC, GCMS, HPLC, etc. are available to train our students and to meet the aspirations of the pharmaceutical industry
- Specialized SPRINT program for Campus placementswith a competitive salary package in reputed organizations etc.
- Encouragement and support for national or international participation of students & faculty in conferences and workshops
- Alliances with national & international institutes/universities for student exchange and training.
- Participation in extracurricular activities like music, sports, social activities
Faculty members make up the primary fabric of the school. All faculty members are qualified and come from renowned organizations. Collective skills and experience of the faculty members help us to impart education relevant to the practices of pharmacy, basic concepts, and application of the science as well as industrial perspectives. Focus on research at the School of Pharmacy is aligned with the theme of the university to explore the potential of Himalayan Biodiversity, medicinal plants, and therapeutic potential.
The curriculum is regularly updated as per the demands of industry, regulations, and newer advancements. Students participate in various programs, FDPs, workshops and conferences worldwide. Mentorship is provided to students for better guidance, to build interaction and enable them to participate in extracurricular, social and cultural activities.
|V. K. Kapoor||Professor||View Profile|
|Deepak Kapoor||Professor||View Profile|
|Rohit Goyal||Professor||View Profile|
|Poonam Negi||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Gurjot Kaur||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Navneet Kumar Upadhyay||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Gaurav Sharma||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Swati Pundir||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Hemlata Kaurav||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Devika Rana||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Aditi Sharma||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Deepak Kumar||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Lalit Sharma||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Ashutosh K. Dash||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Chetna Kumari||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Sunil Kumar||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
|Babita Patial||Assistant Professor||View Profile|
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences has formulated research groups with a focus on thematic areas. This helps everyone in the department to be involved in high-impact research of global relevance. The school has published around 120 research & review papers and filed around 20 patents. The faculty is involved in consultancy research projects with several research organizations and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Natural Products/Synthetic-Based Drug Discovery: Phytochemical evaluation and Standardizations of medicinal plants, ayurvedic or other formulations; Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery Research.
- Pharmacology and Toxicology: In vivo models for the brain, cardiac, respiratory, gastric problems, Diabetes, Obesity, Osteoporosis, Cancer, Malaria, microbial infections & Toxicology.
- Drug Delivery Group: Formulation development, evaluation of herbal drugs, nano-based formulations; topical and transdermal drug delivery systems, Pharmacokinetic & stability studies, implantable & targeted drug delivery systems.
We have received grants from national and international sources such as:
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO)
- National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Himachal Pradesh State Council