MTech (Climate Science and Sustainable Development) is a two-year postgraduate degree offered by the Centre of Excellence in Energy Science & Technology (CEEST), Shoolini University. The program provides knowledge and technical skills required by professionals working to tackle climate change concerns and solutions.
This postgraduate program is designed as per the requirements for the implementation of UN Sustainable Development Goals Nos. 13 on Climate Action specifically and related SDGs 6, 7,11, and 12 in order to meet the challenges faced by society with focus on environment, water, waste management, pollution, industry, and innovation. On completion of the course, students understand how to tackle and achieve sustainable development related to energy, environment, global climate change issues.
Established in 2019, the Centre of Excellence in Energy Science and Technology, Shoolini University, has ranked 2nd in the world in SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy) and No.6 in SDG 6 as per the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact ranking 2022 for implementing SDG 7 and 6 to make the university a sustainable campus.
Shoolini University is UGC approved, and NAAC Accredited University ranked among the top 200 Global Universities (THE Impact Rankings-2022).
- Centre Director Prof SS Chandel is among the Top 2% world scientists in Energy in Stanford University Global Ranking during 2021 & 2022.
- Highly qualified expert Faculty in Energy, Climate Science and Sustainable Development.
- Besides quality Labs, research, experimentation, and training is provided to students on real systems.
- Talented students receive fellowships.
Key Areas of Research in Energy Technology
- Strategy & Energy Environment /Climate Change action Policy Issues for promoting sustainable development
- Carbon analytics
- Sustainable buildings/Green Buildings/NetZero buildings
- Sustainable Clean Energy Technology
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Climate Change Vulnerability and Policies
- Sustainability and Sustainable Development Goals
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Industrial Waste Management and Disposal
- Waste to Energy Conversion
- Carbon Capture Technologies
- Energy and climate change concerns
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Environmental Policies and Legislation
- Weather and Climate Science
- Disaster Management and Risk Reduction
- Trainee Scientist
- Trainee Scientist
- Research Associate
- Assistant Professor
The Centre of Excellence in Energy Science and Technology follows the course curriculum, based on UN sustainable development goal implementation in the country. The course covers concepts of sustainable development at different geographical scales (local, national, and international. The course curriculum addresses all the key aspects of climate science, clean & green technologies, reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and sustainable development.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Admission Criteria:
- Semester Fee
Himachal Pradesh Domicile : ₹
Non-Himachal Pradesh Domicile : ₹
* One-time refundable security fee of Rs. 10,000