- Apply Now
- ABOUT US
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Management Sciences and Liberal Arts
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Yogananda School of AI, Computers and Data Science
- School of Law
- School of Advanced Chemical Sciences
- Apply Now
Professor, Ph.D (Plant Pathology)
SK Gupta has an advanced training in Apple Scab Monitoring and Warning from Sudtiroler Beratungsring Fur Obst-und- Weinbau, Lana, Italy. He completed his MSc and PhD from HP Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur and worked at the Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan, as Professor & Head, Department of Plant Pathology.
SK Gupta developed E-contents for the BSc (Hort) course titled ‘Diseases of Vegetables, Ornamental and Spice Crops under NAIP project’. He has guided 11 MSc and three PhD students. He has also worked in various research projects sponsored by ICAR, NATP, Mini Mission (ICAR) and HIMCOSTE.
He is the recipient of many awards, including PP Singhal Pesticide India Award (1998, 2002, 2003) and the Prestigious Sharda Lele Memorial Award, 2019. He was elected as Zonal Councillor (NZ) of ISMPP, Zonal President (NZ) of IPS, New Delhi, and Vice President of INSOPP for 2009, 2012 and 2017, respectively.
He has 110 research papers, 23 review/ book chapters, two Manuals, four Research Information Bulletins and five books to his credit and visited Italy and France in connection with various academic pursuits.
- Gupta, S.K. and Gupta, Meenu. 2019. Fusarium wilt of pea – a mini review. Plant Disease Research 34 (1): 1 – 9.
- Devi, Banita, Gupta, S.K. and Singh, Gurvinder 2019. Yield loss assessment in French Bean due to rust (Uromyces appendiculatus) in Himachal Pradesh. Plant Disease Research 34 (1): 41 –44.
- Devi, Banita, Singh, Gurvinder and Gupta, S.K. 2019. Evaluation of bio-pesticides for effective and eco-friendly management of French bean rust. Plant Disease Research 34 (2): 113-118.
- Singh, Gurvinder, Gupta, S.K., Devi, Banita, Prasad, Pramod and Bhardwaj, S.C. 2019. Defence response of French bean to Uromyces appendiculatus induced by triazole and strobilurin fungicides. Indian Journal of Plant Protection 47(3&4): 1221-127.
- Sharma, Monica, Sharma, Amit and Gupta, S.K. 2020. Climate Change and Plant Diseases. Agric. Res. J. 57(1): 1-6.
- Devi, Banita, Singh, Gurvinder, Ashutosh K. Dash and Gupta, S.K. 2020. Chemically induced systemic acquired resistance in the inhibition of French bean rust. Current Plant Biology http:// doi.org/10.1016/j cpb.2020.100151
- Devi, Banita, Gupta, S.K., Singh Gurvinder and Prasad, P. 2020. Efficacy of new generation fungicides against French bean rust caused by Uromyces appendiculatus. Phytoparasitica DOI 10. 1007/s 12600-020-00820-9.
SILB, The Mall, Solan - 173212 Himachal Pradesh
Shoolini University, Kasauli Hills, Solan, Himachal Pradesh. 173229
01792-352002, +91 9736745800