Professor, Ph.D (Plant Pathology)
Dr SK Gupta is a reocognised plant pathologist. He carries vast experience of work in the field of plant protection. He is a Ph.D from HP Krishi Vishva Vidyalaya, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh and received advanced training on Apple Scab Monitoring and Warning from Italy. Dr. Gupta has two books to his credit in his field of his specialization and has published a number of research papers. His special research interests are identification, epidemiology and management of horticultural crop diseases, especially vegetables crops.
- Rana, J.C., Banyal, D.K., Sharma, K.D, Sharma, M.K., Gupta, S.K. and Yadav, S.K. 2013. Screening of pea germplasm for resistance to powdery mildew. Euphytica 189: 271-82.
- Gupta, S.K., Jarial, Kumud, Saharan, M.S., Kaur, R. and Saxena, Bhawna 2012. Morphological and genetic variation among Phytophthora nicotianae var. nicotianae isolates causing fruit rot of bell pepper and their correlation with genetic variability among host genotypes. Indian Phytopath.65(1): 38-44.
- Gupta, S.K., Jarial, Kumud, Kansal, S., Thakur, M.C., Vikram, Amit and Mehta, Seema. 2007. Evaluation of bell pepper (Capsicum annuum) germplasm for resistance to leaf blight and fruit rot caused by Phytophthora nicotianae var. nicotianae. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 77(4): 267-69.
- Sharma, M., Gupta, S.K. and Sharma, T.R. 2005. Characterization of variability in Rhizoctonia solani by using morphological and molecular markers. J. Phytopath. 153: 449-56.
- Joshi, A, Gupta, S.K. and Kohli, U.K. 2004. Resistance to Septoria leaf spot (Septoria lycopersici) and buckeye fruit rot (Phytophthora nicotianae var. nicotianae) of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 74(4): 194-99.
- Upmanyu, S., Gupta, S.K. and Sharma, M.K. 2004. Evaluation of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) germplasm against web blight (Rhizoctonia solani). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 74: 448-50.
- Gupta, S.K., Amita Gupta, Shyam, K.R. and Bhardwaj, R. 2001. Morphological characterization and effect of meteorological factors on the development of cucumber powdery mildew. Indian Phytopath. 54(3): 311-15.
- Gupta, S.K., Sharma, S.K. and K.R. Shyam. 1998. Antisporulant activity of ergosterol biosynthesis inhibitor fungicides against powdery mildew (Sphaerotheca fuliginea) of cucumber (Cucumis sativus). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 68(7): 382-83.
- Gupta, S.K. and Shyam, K.R. 1998. Control of powdery mildew and rust of pea by fungicide. Indian Phytopath. 51(2): 184-86.
- Gupta, S.K. and Shyam, K.R. 1994. Antisporulant activity of fungicides on downy mildew (Peronospora parasitica) on cabbage. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 64: 891-93.