MSc., NET, Ph.D. (Agricultural Economics)
Sanjeev Kumar is an Assistant Professor at the MS Swaminathan School of Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Shoolini University, Solan (HP), India. He qualified ICAR NET in 2017 and received PhD (Agricultural Economics) degree in 2020 from Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni, Solan, HP, India. Presently, he is the Academic Incharge at the MS Swaminathan School of Agriculture. He received the “ICSSR full term Centrally Sponsored Doctoral Fellowship 2018- 19 during PhD”, “Himachal Dastak Meritorious Student Honour for excellent performance during academic session 2018-19” and “Outstanding/ Best Thesis award 2018 for research work carried out during MSc degree”.
Kumar has participated in more than 15 national and international seminars/webinars/conferences/workshops and has presented papers (oral/poster) in five of them. He has attended more than 5 training sessions related to the agricultural field. He is the Editorial Member (Agricultural Economics) of “Just Agriculture” e-Magazine.
His area of research includes agricultural production economics, agricultural marketing and value chain analysis, agricultural resource use and optimization, and evaluation of agricultural schemes/policies. He has published several research papers in National and International journals of repute.
He can be reached at email@example.com
- Raina A, Thakur R and Kumar S. 2020. Extent and impact of farm mechanization in hilly state of Himachal Pradesh. Indian Journal of Extension Education 57(1): 61-66.
- Raina A, Thakur R and Kumar S. 2020. Studies on problems associated with farm mechanization in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 16(2): 143-149.
- Kumar S and Sharma RR. 2019. Production and marketing constraints analysis of kinnow growers in Himachal Pradesh. Agriculture Update 14(1): 52-57.
- Rana RK, Kumar S and Kumar S. 2019. Constraints faced by Khasi mandarin growers in North-Eastern Himalayas- A case study from Assam. International Research Journal of Agricultural Economics and Statistics 10(1): 84-89.
- Rana RK and Kumar S. 2019. Production and marketing system of Khasi mandarin in Eastern Himalayas: an economic study from Assam. Economic Affairs 64(1): 107-115.
- Sharma RR and Kumar S. 2019. Resource use efficiency of kinnow production in North- Western Himalayas: An economic study from Himachal Pradesh. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 15(1): 156-162.
- Kumar S, Singh SP, Sharma R and Sharma RR. 2018. Resource use efficiency of sustainable farming practice: a study of maize and rajmash intercropping under North- Western Himalayan region of J&K. International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience 6(3): 798-802
- Kumar S and Sharma RR. 2018. Economic analysis of sustainable farming practice: A study of maize and common bean intercropping system under North-Western Himalayas of India. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 7(5): 2465-2469.
- Kumar S, Singh SP and Sharma RR. 2018. Constraints perceived by the farmers in adoption of improved ginger production technology: a study of low hills of Himachal Pradesh. International Journal of Bio-resource and Stress Management 9(6): 740-744.
- Kumar S, Singh SP, Bhat A, Dwivedi S and Kachroo J. 2018. Resource use efficiency in rajmash production by hill farmers of Jammu region of J & K state. Journal of Food Legumes 31 (2): 117-118.
- Kumar S, Singh SP, Bhat A, Hamid N, Isher AK and Deep A. 2017. Agricultural marketing in hills: A socio-economic analysis of Rajmash marketing under North- Western Himalayan region of J&K. International Research Journal of Agricultural Economics and Statistics 8(2): 325-329.
- Kumar S, Singh SP, Bhat A and Sharma MK. 2017. Economics of rajmash cultivation in Eastern Jammu region. Journal of Food Legumes 30(1): 54-56.
- Kumar S. 2020. Multilayer farming: A viable option for increasing farm income. Just Agriculture: e-Newsletter 1(4): 140-143.
- Kumar S and Kumar S. 2020. Forest fires: Causes and impact on environment. Just Agriculture: e-Newsletter 1(2): 53-55.
- Kumar S. 2020. Impact of subsidies on agriculture sector in India. Agri Mirror: Future India 1(2): 40-44.
- Kumar S, Sharma A and Kumar S. 2020. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): A Tool for agricultural risk management. Indian Farmer 7 (05):467-471.
- Sharma A and Kumar S. 2020. Information and communication technology (ICT) in Indian agriculture. Agri Mirror: Future India 1(6): 14-17.