B Tech and M Tech (Biotechnology)
Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, Shoolini University, Rajan Rolta received his B Tech and M Tech degrees from Shoolini University, Solan. He has worked on Identification and Characterisation of Phytocompounds from Medicinal Plants of North West Himalayas to develop Bioavailability Enhancers of Antibiotics to Effectively Treat Bacterial and Fungal Pathogens.
Currently, he is focusing his research on treatment of multiple drug resistance pathogens by using plant extract and phytocompounds. He has good practical knowledge of handling standard and pathogenic bacterial and fungal strains, Phytocompounds Isolation, identification, TLC, HP-TLC, HPLC, Column Chromatography, Enzyme assays and enzyme production, Bioinformatics tools Auto dock vina, Chimera, Open Babel, Pymol and Hex 8.0.
Rolta has published 12 research papers in national and international journals and filed 17 patents. His research has found recognition in various National and international conferences.
- Rolta R, Kumar V, Sourirajan A, Upadhyay NK, Dev K. Bioassay guided fractionation of rhizome extract of Rheum emodi wall as bio-availability enhancer of antibiotics against bacterial and fungal pathogens. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2020 14:112867. (Cite score :6.3, IF:3.69)
- Rolta R, Yadav R, Salaria D, Sourirajan A, Dev K. In silico screening of hundred phytocompounds of ten medicinal plants as potential inhibitors of nucleocapsid phosphoprotein of COVID-19: An approach to prevent virus assembly. (Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, TBSD-2020-0980). (Cite score: 4.1, IF: 3.03)
- Rolta R, Sharma A, Sourirajan A, Mallikarjunan P.K. and Dev K. Synergism between antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics in combination with Phytocompounds of Artemisia annua L.: A strategy to control drug resistant pathogens. (Journal of Ethanopharmacology). (Cite score: 6.3, IF:3.414)
- Sharma S, Chaudhary R, Rolta R, Sharma N, Sourirajan A, Dev K, Kumar V, Effect of solvent on yield, phytochemicals and in vitro antioxidant potential of Rhododendron arboretum (March 2020).
- Rolta R, Kumar V, Upadhyay NK, Sourirajan A and Dev K. Phytocompounds of three medicinal plants (Juniperus communis, Urtica dioica and Coleus forskohlii) of North West Himalayas increases the potency of conventional antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics Plant Archives (Vol. 20 Supplement- 2 July- 2020).
- Rolta R, Kumar V, Sourirajan A, Dev K. Molecular Docking studies of Phytocompounds of Rheum emodi Wall with proteins responsible for antibiotic resistance in bacterial and fungal pathogens: In silico approach to enhance the bio-availability of antibiotics. (Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics, TBSD-2020-0980). (Cite score: 4.1, IF: 3.03)
- Nidhi P, Rolta R, Kumar V, Dev K and Sourirajan A. Synergistic potential of Citrus aurantium L. essential oil with antibiotics against Candida albicans. (Journal of Ethnopharmacology, JEP_2020_1931). (Cite score :6.3, IF:3.69)
- Kumar R, Sharma N, Rolta R, Lal UR, Sourirajan A, Dev K, Kumar V. Thalictrum foliolosum DC: An unexplored medicinal herb from north western Himalayas with potential against fungal pathogens and scavenger of reactive oxygen species. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology. 2020:101621. (Cite Score: 2.8, IF:-)
- Sharma A, Thakur A, Kumari R, Aarushi, Rolta R, Sharma N, Sourirajan A, Dev K, Kumar V. Comparison of Extraction Yield and Invitro Antioxidant Potential of Different Extracts of two Ficus species Plant Archives.
- Chandel SR, Gularia S, Kumari S, Kumari K, Bharti D, Kumari D, Kumari M, Kumari A, Rolta R. Comparative Antibacterial Potential of Ethanolic Extracts of Medicinal Plants from Himachal Pradesh, India. Plant Archives.
- Rolta R, Sharma A, Kumar V, Sourirajan A, Baumler D J, Dev K. Methanolic Extr acts of the Rhizome of R. emodi Act as Bioenhancer of Antibiotics against Bacteria and Fungi and Antioxidant Potential. Medicinal Plant Research. 2018 Sep 28; 8.
- Rolta R, Sharma A, Kumar V, Kumar Chauhan P, Sourirajan A, Dev K. Traditional Medicinal Plants of Higher Altitude of Himachal Pradesh as Functional Food Ingredient Cum Food Preservative and Bioavailability Enhancer of Antifungal Antibiotics. Available at SSRN 3299285. 2018 Dec 11.
- Herbal pharmaceutical excipient for enhancing antifungal and antibacterial properties of existing drugs (Application No: 201711028454).
- Rhizome extract of Bistorta macrophylla enhanced the antifungal activity of fluconazole and amphotericin B and method thereof (Application No: 201811022736).
- Methanolic extract of Bergenia ligulata leaves and rhizome as bioavailability enhancer of fluconazole and amphotericin B to control candidiasis (Application No: 201811032947).
- Chloroform sub-fractions of methanolic extract of rhizome of Rheum emodi as potent antibacterial drugs against E. coli and K. pneumonia and as antioxidant in food preservation (Application No: 201811032946).
- A method for extraction of essential oil extract from Pleurospermum brunonis and uses thereof (Application No: 201811018065).
- Antifungal compositions prepared from essential oil of Pleurospermum brunonis with fluconazole and amphotericin B as bioenhancers of the antibiotics and uses thereof (Application No: 201811045728).
- Phytocompounds from essential oil of Mentha longifolia as synergistic, broad spectrum drug candidates for candidiasis (Application: 201811035174).
- The essential oil and its constituent phytocompounds of Citrus aurantium as non-toxic, broad spectrum, and synergistic drug candidate for candidiasis. (Application: 201811034501).
- A synergistic anti-fungal composition of essential oil extracted from needles of Juniperus communis with antibiotics for treating candidiasis. (Application: 201911010808).
- Composition comprising essential oil and solvent extracts of Artemisia annua as bioavailability enhancer of fluconazole and amphotericin B to manage candidiasis. (Application No: 201911032547).
- An antifungal formulation prepared from phytocompounds of Rheum emodi as bio-enhancer for antibiotics Application No.: 201911034475.
- Anti-acne micro emulsions for topical administration coloaded with azelaic acid and Tea tree essential oil. Application No.: 201911053824.
- Azelaic acid and Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil co-loaded vesicular system for topical administration. Application No.: 201911051402.
- Phytocompounds of Bergenia ligulata rhizome extract as bioenhacer of antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics and method of use thereof Application No.: 202011004236).
- Essential oil of Thymus serpyllum as bioavailability enhancer of fluconazole and amphotericin b to combat Candida infections Application No.: 202011027439).
- Essential oil of Cymbopogon citratus as bioavailability enhancer of fluconazole and amphotericin b against candida infections Application No.: 202011027903.
- A composition of Essential oil of Pleurospermum brunonis as effective cell cycle inhibitor and anti-cancer agent against cancer cells and method of use thereof Application No.: 202011055559
- 1st Rank in Poster presentation “For contribution towards outstanding efforts in area of science communication and popularization” NATIONAL Science Festival on National Science Day organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh. (28 February 2020).
- Best poster presentation in the National conference “Implication of Interdisciplinary Science in the Development of Pharmaceuticals vis-à-vis Sustainability of Human Health” organised by the School of Pharmacy, Career Point University, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India on September 21st, 2019.
- Best poster Award Him science congress association- International conference “Science emerging scenario and future challenges” (2018).
- Best poster World Pharmacists Day Shoolini University Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India (Sept. 25, 2018).
- Outstanding poster presentation in innovative idea and patent category. 1st National Biomedical Research competition on 87th birth anniversary of Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam, AIIMS Rishikesh, Uttaranchal, India. (Oct. 15, 2018).