Assistant Professor, Ph.D.
Dr Nagesh Kumar received his PhD (2018) in Computer Science Engineering from Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat, Solan (HP) India. He is the in charge of research, postgraduate and doctorate programmes at the Yogananda School of AI, Computers and Data Science. He holds 5 years of teaching experience, and his academic contributions include several International scientific papers, reviews, book chapters, edited books published by IEEE, Springer Nature, Bentham Science, Nova Science Publisher and IGI Global as well as conference papers, popular science articles, and weblished articles with 471 citations, 8 h-index, and 7 i10-index, according to google scholar. At present, he is conducting research in Computer Science Engineering.
Dr Kumar is a member of the Editorial Review Board in the International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems (SCOPUS) and Walailak Journal of Science and Technology and Biotechnology (SCOPUS). He also serves in many capacities like reviewer in several scientific journals in his field, advisor in software companies, and other committees in the university.
- Sharma, B. B., & Kumar, N. (2021). IoT-Based Intelligent Irrigation System for Paddy Crop Using an Internet-Controlled Water Pump. International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Information Systems (IJAEIS), 12(1), 21-36.
- Kumar, N. and Singh, Y. (2021). An Energy-efficient and Reliable Opportunistic Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control, 11(1), 72-80.
- Bangotra, D. K., Singh, Y., Selwal, A., Kumar, N., Singh, P. K., & Hong, W. C. (2020). An intelligent opportunistic routing algorithm for wireless sensor networks and its application towards e-healthcare. Sensors, 20(14), 3887.
- Rasooli, M. W., Bhushan, B., & Kumar, N. (2020). Applicability of wireless sensor networks & IoT in saffron & wheat crops: A smart agriculture perspective. Int. J. Scientifi c Technol. Res, 9(2), 2456-2461.
- Sharma, A., Singh, Y. and Kumar, N. (2019). Trust and Reputation based Secure Opportunistic Routing Protocol for WSN. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. Vol. 28, No.19, pp. 834-846.
- Kumar, N., Singh, Y., & Singh, P. K. (2017). An Energy Efficient Trust Aware Opportunistic Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Information System Modeling and Design (IJISMD), 8(2), 30-44.
- Kumar, N., Singh, Y., & Singh, P. K. (2017). Reputation-based Energy Efficient Opportunistic Routing for Wireless Sensor Network. Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering (JTEC), 9(3-6), 29-33.ISSN: 2180-1843 eISSN: 2289-8131.
- Kumar N., Sharma B. (2020) Opportunities and Challenges with WSN’s in Smart Technologies: A Smart Agriculture Perspective. In: Singh P., Bhargava B., Paprzycki M., Kaushal N., Hong WC. (eds) Handbook of Wireless Sensor Networks: Issues and Challenges in Current Scenario's. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1132, pp. 441-463. Springer, Cham.
- Gupta, G., Salehi, A.W., Sharma, B., Kumar, N., Sonia, Vaidya, P. (2021). COVID-19: Automated Detection and Monitoring of Patients Worldwide using Machine Learning” Studies in Systems, Decision and Control. Modeling, Control and Drug Development for COVID-19 Outbreak Prevention, Springer, Cham.
- Thakur, B., Kumar, N. (2021). Machine Learning Techniques to Fight against Pandemic: A Review”. In: Mobile Health: Advances in Research and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. USA. (Accepted).
- Kumar, N. (2021). Energy Efficient Communication Methods for Unmanned Ariel Vehicles (UAVs): Last Five Years’ Study. in Book: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Internet of Things (IoT): Concepts, Techniques, Applications and Challenges, Scrivener Publishing LLC.
Gupta, G., Kumar, N., Singh, Y. and Jaiswal, V. (2021). Mobile Health: Advances in Research and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. USA.
- Sharma B.B., Kumar N. (2020) Internet of Things-Based Hardware and Software for Smart Agriculture: A Review. In: Singh P., Kar A., Singh Y., Kolekar M., Tanwar S. (eds) Proceedings of ICRIC 2019. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 597. Springer, Cham, ISBN: 978-3-030-29406-9 EISBN 978-3-030-29407-6 ISSN: 1876-1100
- Rani D., Kumar N. (2020) A Review of IoT Techniques and Devices: Smart Agriculture Perspective. In: Singh P., Kar A., Singh Y., Kolekar M., Tanwar S. (eds) Proceedings of ICRIC 2019. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 597. Springer, Cham
- Kumar, N. and Y. Singh. (2017). "Trust and packet load balancing based secure opportunistic routing protocol for WSN," 4th International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), Solan, 2017, pp. 463-467. doi: 10.1109/ISPCC.2017.8269723. ISBN: 978-1-5090-5838-9
- Kumar, N. and Y. Singh. (2016). "An energy efficient and trust management based opportunistic routing metric for wireless sensor networks," 2016 Fourth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC), Waknaghat, 2016, pp. 611-616. doi: 10.1109/PDGC.2016.791319. ISBN:978-1-5090-3669-1
- Kansal, A., Singh, Y., Kumar, N., & Mohindru, V. (2015, December). Detection of forest fires using machine learning technique: A perspective. In 2015 Third International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP) (pp. 241-245). IEEE. ISBN: 978-1-5090-0148-4