A Soil Scientist from Ladakh, Mansoor Ali is Assistant Professor (Soil Science) at the MS Swaminathan School of Agriculture. He completed his MSc (Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry) and PhD (Soil Science) from Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Science and Technology.
He worked on ‘Assessment of Heavy Metal Toxicity Around Industrial belts of Jammu’ during his MSc research and his PhD research work was on the ‘Nutrient Indexing of Apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) Orchards of District Kargil’. He has a good experience of working in cold arid regions of Ladakh and has led several ToTs and research-based publications on soils and agriculture.
Prior to this, he worked with the Agri clinic and Agri Business Centre, Srinagar, as resource person and imparted training and conducted surveys. Mansoor Ali also got the University Grant Commission National Fellowship for Higher Education (NFHE) of ST students to pursue MPhil/ PhD Degree.
He has successfully attended several professional training programmes, National and International conferences and completed many online courses for faculty development.
- Mansoor Ali, M.A Malik, Tsering Dolker and Ahmad ali 2018.Nutrient Status of Apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) of District Kargil, Ladakh, India. International Journal of current microbiology and applied science. 7(6): 257-277.
- Mansoor Ali and A. K . bhat 2018. Heavy Metal Status of soils around industrial belts of Samba and Kathua district of Jammu, India. International Journal of current microbiology and applied science 7(3) 2806-2821.
- Mansoor Ali, Mohd. Mehdi, Stanzin Lakdan, Tsering Dolker, Lobzang stanzin and Perminder Singh .2018. Status of area and production of apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) in Cold arid Ladakh Journal of Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry. 7(2) 593-595.
- Mansoor Ali, A. K. Bhat, Tsering Dolker and M.A Malik. 2018. Phytoremediation A plant based technology. International Journal of current microbiology and applied science7 (3) 766-777.
- Stanzin Lakdan, Lobzang stanzin, Mansoor Ali and Perminder Singh.2018. Economic analysis of pea based production system in cold arid desert in Ladakh region. International Journal of chemical studies 6(1) 1955- 1957.
- Tsering dolker, Mansoor Ali and Divya Slathia. 2018. Status of area and production of grapes (Vitis vinefer L.) in cold arid Ladakh. Journal of Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry. 7(3) 3569-3571.
- Tsering dolker, Mansoor Ali, Aqleema banoo, Divya Slathia, Lobzang stanzen and Stanzin Lakdan . 2018. Mitigation of temperate fruit crop problems through use of rootstock. International Journal of chemical studies. 6 (2) 880-887.
- Aqleema Banoo, Tsering Dolker and Mansoor Ali. 2018. Role of physical and chemical performance during storage of apple cultivar. Journal of Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry. 7(2) 1332-1338.
- Tsering Dolker, Mansoor Ali, Divya slathia and AB Waheed Wani.2018 Description of apricot flower and its implication in breeding Journal of Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry 7 (2) 3721-3728.
- Shabber Hussain, M.K. Sharma, P. tundup, M.Ali, S. Hussain and Danish Bashir .2017. Effect of orchard floor management practices on growth, yield and quality attributes of Apple Cv Royal Delicious. International Journal of pure and applied bio science. 5 (3) 944-952.
- Shabeer Hussain, Amit Kumar, Nazir Hussain, Phuntsog Tundup and Mansoor Ali. 2016. Recent advances in flowering regulation of fruit crops. Indian Horticulture Journal.
- Mansoor Ali and A.K Bhat. 2014. Soil microbiological indices of polluted soils of industrial belts of Jammu