Associate Professor, Ph.D. NET, JRF
Associate Professor at Shoolini University, Joydeep Das teaches Chemistry. He received his PhD from Bose Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, in Biochemistry. He has been Research Assistant Professor at Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea.
His current research area is nanoparticle mediated targeted drug delivery in cancers cells and tumor in vivo.
- Kundu, M., Sadhukhan, P., Ghosh, N., Chatterjee, S., Manna, P., Das, J., & Sil, P.C. (2019) pH -responsive and targeted delivery of curcumin via phenylboronic acid-functionalized ZnO nanoparticles for breast cancer therapy. Journal of Advanced Research, (accepted) doi.org/10.1016/j.jare.2019.02.036
- Sadhukhan, P., Kundu, M., Chatterjee, S., Ghosh, N., Manna, P., Das, J., & Sil, PC. (2019) Targeted delivery of quercetin via pH-responsive zinc oxide nanoparticles for breast cancer therapy. Materials Science and Engineering: C Materials for Biological Applications, (accepted) doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2019.02.096
- Sadhukhan, P., Kundu, M., Rana, S., Kumar, R., Das, J., & Sil, PC. (2019) Microwave induced synthesis of ZnO nanorods and their efficacy as a drug carrier with profound anticancer and antibacterial properties. Toxicology Reports,6,176-185. doi: 10.1016/j.toxrep.2019.01.006
- Das, J., Choi, Y.J., Han, J.W., Reza, A.M.M.T., & Kim, J.H. (2017) Nanoceria-mediated delivery of doxorubicin enhances the anti-tumour efficiency in ovarian cancer cells via apoptosis. Scientific Reports,7,9513. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-09876-w
- Das, J., Choi, Y.J., Yasuda, H., Han, J.W., Park, C., Song, H., Bae, H., & Kim, J.H. (2016) Efficient delivery of C/EBP beta gene into human mesenchymal stem cells via polyethyleniminecoated gold nanoparticles enhances adipogenic differentiation. Scientific Reports,6,33784. doi: 10.1038/srep33784
- Das, J., Han, J.W., Choi, Y.J., Song, H., Cho, S.G., Park, C., Seo, H.G., & Kim, J.H. (2016) Cationic lipid-nanoceria hybrids, a novel nonviral vector-mediated gene delivery into mammalian cells: investigation of the cellular uptake mechanism. Scientific Reports,6,29197. doi: 10.1038/srep29197
- Das, J., Ghosh, J., Roy, A., & Sil, P.C. (2012) Mangiferin exerts hepatoprotective activity against D-galactosamine induced acute toxicity and oxidative/nitrosative stress via Nrf2-NFB pathways. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology,260,35-47. doi: 10.1016/j.taap.2012.01.015.
- Ghosh, J., Das, J., Manna, P., & Sil, P.C. (2011) The protective role of arjunolic acid against doxorubicin induced intracellular ROS dependent JNK-p38 and p53-mediated cardiac apoptosis. Biomaterials, 32,4857-4866. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2011.03.048
- Das, J., Ghosh, J., Manna, P., & Sil, P.C. (2011) Taurine suppresses doxorubicin-triggered oxidative stress and cardiac apoptosis in rat via up-regulation of PI3-K/Akt and inhibition of p53, p38-JNK. Biochemical Pharmacology, 81,891-909. doi: 10.1016/j.bcp.2011.01.008
- Ghosh, J., Das, J., Manna, P., & Sil, P.C. (2010) Protective effect of the fruits of Terminalia arjuna against cadmium-induced oxidant stress and hepatic cell injury via MAPK activation and mitochondria dependent pathway. Food chemistry,123,1062-1075. doi:0.1016/j.foodchem.2010.05.062
- Manna, P., Das, J., Ghosh, J., & Sil, P.C. (2010) Contribution of type 1 diabetes to rat liver dysfunction and cellular damage via activation of NOS, PARP, IkappaBalpha/NF-kappaB, MAPKs, and mitochondria-dependent pathways: Prophylactic role of arjunolic acid. Free Radical Biology and Medicine,48,1465-84. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2010.02.025
- Ghosh, J., Das, J., Manna, P., & Sil, P.C. (2010) Arjunolic acid, a triterpenoid saponin, prevents acetaminophen (APAP)-induced liver and hepatocyte injury via the inhibition of APAP bioactivation and JNK-mediated mitochondrial protection. Free Radical Biology and Medicine,48,535-53. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2009