B Tech, M Tech, PhD (Chemical Engineering)
Debajyoti Bose is an Assistant Professor of Biotechnology at Shoolini University. He completed his graduation in Chemical Engineering from the West Bengal University of Technology, and post-graduation in Renewable Energy with specialisation in Bioenergy with PhD in Chemical Engineering on Microbial Fuel Cells for Wastewater Treatment from the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun.
He is a member of the American Chemical Society and Society for Chemical Industry and is an active researcher in the area of Bioenergy. He has 40+ research publications to his credit in well-reputed International journals, with several book chapters and conference publications. His experience in the field has afforded him the opportunity to become familiar with various kinds of waste to energy systems, especially in Microbial Fuel Cells, Biomass Pyrolysis, and Waste Bioremediation, bioreactors such as sediment-MFC, Double chambered Pt-Catalyst MFC and second-generation Biomass derived Activated Carbon Air Cathode MFCs are some of the systems developed in his research projects, as part of extracting energy, in the form of bioelectricity from effluents, while reducing the contamination levels of such wastes. His work on Microbial Fuel Cells was covered in the NEWS Section of Science Last Fortnight, quarterly journal of the Indian Academy of Sciences in 2018, and received the Best Researcher Award (from UPES Dehradun) for conducting Bioenergy research during the same timeline. He possesses a combined teaching and research experience of over 4 years at UG/PG levels.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Mahula Santra, Rama Venkata Siva Prasanna Sanka, and Balaji Krishnakumar. "Bioremediation analysis of sediment‐microbial fuel cells for energy recovery from microbial activity in soil." International Journal of Energy Research 45, no. 4 (2021): 6436-6445.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Devender K. Saini, Monika Yadav, Saurabh Shrivastava, and Nitish Parashar. "Review of Sustainable Grid‐Independent Renewable Energy Access in Remote Communities of India." Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management 17, no. 2 (2021): 364-375.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Arindam Dey, and Tulika Banerjee (2020). Aspects of Bioeconomy and Microbial Fuel Cell Technologies for Sustainable Development, Sustainability, 13, no. 3. 107-118.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Alivia Mukherjee & Gaurav Mitra (2020) Energy recovery prospects of fuel cell technologies: sustainability and bioremediation, Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Taylor & Francis.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Margavelu Gopinath, Parthasarthy Vijay, Shanmathi Sridharan, Ritika Rawat, and Robin Bahuguna. "Bioelectricity generation and biofilm analysis from sewage sources using microbial fuel cell." Fuel, Elsevier, 255 (2019): 115815.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Sridharan, S., Dhawan, H., Vijay, P. and Gopinath, M., 2019. Biomass derived activated carbon cathode performance for sustainable power generation from Microbial Fuel Cells. Fuel, Elsevier, 236, pp.325-337.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Amarnath Bose, Deepak Kundani, Deepika Gupta, and Himanshu Jain. "Comparative Analysis of Carbon Cloth and Aluminum Electrodes Using Agar Salt-Bridge Based Microbial Fuel Cell for Bioelectricity Generation from Effluent Derived Wastewater." Nature Environment & Pollution Technology 17, no. 4 (2018).
- Bose, Debajyoti, Deepali Yadav, Ravi Kumar Patel, Anubhav Dhoundiyal, Laxman Gusain, and Anubhav Tyagi. "Biodiesel Wastewater Treatment and Power Generation Using Earthen Membrane Microbial Fuel Cell." Nature Environment & Pollution Technology 17, no. 4 (2018).
- Bose, Debajyoti, Caneon Kurien, Abhishek Sharma, Sakshi Sharma, and Aakash Sharma. "Low Cost Cathode Performance of Microbial Fuel Cell for Treating Food Wastewater." Nature Environment & Pollution Technology 17, no. 3 (2018).
- Bose Debajyoti, Dhawan H, Kandpal V, Vijay P, Gopinath M. Bioelectricity generation from sewage and wastewater treatment using two‐chambered microbial fuel cell. WILEY, Int. J Energy Res. 2018; 42: 4335–4344.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Dhawan, H., Kandpal, V., Vijay, P. & Gopinath, M. Sustainable Power Generation from Sewage and Energy Recovery from Wastewater with variable resistance using Microbial Fuel Cell. Enzyme Microb. Technol. Elsevier 118, 92–101 (2018).
- Bose, Debajyoti, Margavelu Gopinath, and Parthasarthy Vijay. "Sustainable power generation from wastewater sources using Microbial Fuel Cell." Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining, WILEY, 12, 559–576 (2018).
- Bose, Debajyoti, Amarnath Bose, Shikha Mitra, Himanshu Jain, and Pragy Parashar. "Analysis of Sediment-Microbial Fuel Cell Power Production in Series and Parallel Configurations." Nature Environment and Pollution Technology17, no. 1 (2018): 311-314.
- Mukherjee, Mainak., Bose, Debajyoti., Haroon, Salam., “Experimentation in procuring and characterizing Biofuel Obtained from Micro Algae from Sewage Treatment Plant and Municipal Waste.” Int. J. of Chemtech Research, 10.6 (2017): 152-157.
- Leena Kapoor, Bose, Debajyoti & Aditya Mekala (2017): Biomass pyrolysis in a twin-screw reactor to produce green fuels, Taylor & Francis, Biofuels, DOI: 10.1080/17597269.2017.1345360.
- Bose, Debajyoti, and Amarnath Bose. "Electrical Power Generation with Himalayan Mud Soil Using Microbial Fuel Cell." Nature Environment and Pollution Technology 16.2 (2017): 433.
- Bose, Debajyoti, and Amarnath Bose Meenal Arora. "Renewable Electrolysis using Graphene electrodes for Solar water splitting." Int. J. of Chemtech Research, 10.4 (2017): 103-114.
- Bose, Debajyoti, and Amarnath Bose. "Graphene-based Microbial Fuel Cell Studies with Starch in sub-Himalayan Soils." Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (IJEEI) 5.1 (2017).
- Bose, Debajyoti, Ritika Rawat, Shanmathi Sridharan, P. Vijay, and M. Gopinath. “Aspects of microbial fuel cell technology for wastewater treatment and bioelectricity generation” In Bioremediation for Environmental Sustainability, pp. 167-190. Elsevier, 2020.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Madhu Sharma, Banerjee, Tulika, “Low Carbon Energy System: Role of Fuel Cell Technology.” In Low Carbon Energy Supply Technologies and Systems, pp. 123- 140, Taylor & Francis (T&F), 2020.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Ritika Rawat, Robin Bahuguna, P. Vijay, and M. Gopinath. "Sustainable approach to wastewater treatment and bioelectricity generation using microbial fuel cells." In Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering, pp. 37-50. Elsevier, 2020.
- Sharma, M., & Bose, Debajyoti. “High Temperature Energy Storage and Phase Change Materials: A Review.” In Latent Heat-Based Thermal Energy Storage Systems Materials, Applications, and the Energy Market. Apple Academic Press, 2020.
- Bose, Debajyoti, Vaibhaw Kandpal, Himanshi Dhawan, P. Vijay, and M. Gopinath. "Energy Recovery with Microbial Fuel Cells: Bioremediation and Bioelectricity." In Waste Bioremediation, pp. 7-33. Springer, Singapore, 2018.