BTech Renewable Energy is a 4-year program at Shoolini University. It focuses on solar energy and other renewable sources such as wind, rain, tides, and geothermal gas. On completion of the program, graduates gain complete knowledge about subjects like solar thermal engineering, solar power technology, advanced material physics and more.
With increasing emphasis on a “greener” world, reducing the carbon footprint has become utterly important. This is where new and innovative technologies come in. Professionals in this field can change the world as they provide alternative energy options that can be used as reliable and efficient energy sources.
The demand for professionals in this field is on the rise as new opportunities are being created in bio-energy industry, photovoltaic industry, wind power industry, hydropower industry, etc. This will facilitate easy access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy.
Shoolini University has a Centre of Excellence in Energy Science and Technology. Established in 2019, the Centre develops comprehensive innovative solutions to various energy and environmental challenges through leadership projects. This involves promoting energy efficiency and adoption of clean energy, geothermal and renewable energy sources like solar, wind, hydro, and biomass, etc., to meet the energy needs and consider various renewable energy policies at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Globalised curriculum as per industry needs
- Advanced research centres with well-equipped laboratories
- Highly experienced, research-oriented postdoc faculty from top national, and international institutions
- Combines course work with research, starting from first semester
- Follows one-student one-patent norm
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with 20+ labs
- Bachelors are trained to be scientists
- Research fellowships for UG and PG students in Govt. funded projects
Frequent Asked Questions
- Eligibility: 10+2 with any of the three following subjects — physics /mathematics / chemistry / computer science / electronics / information technology / biology / informatics practices / biotechnology / technical vocational subject / agriculture / engineering graphics / business studies / entrepreneurship and minimum 60% marks
- Admission Criteria: CUCET/NEET/JEE/ SAT or Shoolini University's multiple choice entrance test, and faculty interaction
- Duration: 4 years
- Semester Fees: ₹80000
* One-time refundable security fee of Rs. 10,000