Thematic Research Areas
School of Mechanical and Civil Engineering
The research philosophy of the School is to attain global standards and emerge as an internationally renowned center for research. The School seeks to be a research driven institute to develop innovative technologies. Following five research thrust areas have been identified:
- Renewable energy :Steam cooking project (funded by MNRE), Solar still, Solar Air Heater, Solar dryer
- Himalayan diversity and sustainability: Remote Sensing and G.I.S., Advance Surveying using Total Station and G.P.S.
- Nano Technology : Development of Sensor materials, Water Purification
- Drip Irrigation o Earthquake resistant design of structures.
School of Electrical and Computer Science Engineering
The research philosophy of the School is to develop global standards to emerge as an internationally acknowledged center for research and technical solutions. The School aspires to be a research driven institute which seeks to provide innovative technologies. Following five research areas have been identified:
- Image Processing: Image Processing and Multimedia, Digital Signal Processing – Internationally funded project by NextGen Innovation Inc., USA.
- Software Engineering and Data Mining: Data and KnowledgeMining, Software Engineering
- Machine Learning: Prediction Tool (Drug Design), Speech recognition using hidden mark of model and butter algorithm
- Wireless Sensors Networks: Networking and Mobile Computing, Wireless Communication & Networks, Antennas, An energy efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks
- Integrated Photonics: Plasmonics and Nano photonics,Transparent conducting oxide materials for flat panel displays.