About Shoolini | Biotechnology University
Biotechnology University | Biotech University India | Biotech University India
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences is committed to excellence in all aspects of graduate and postgraduate learning, the transmission of relevant knowledge and skills, and free thinking needed to address the challenges of the modern world.
We are a non-profit multi-disciplinary private university with a vision to be a top 200 global university in next ten years. In addition, we aspire to provide quality and relevant education to our students at an affordable and subsidized fee structure.
To achieve this aspiration, we have designed our business model around five areas of focus: attracting and retaining top faculty; forging alliances with industry and academia of repute; governing through values and transparency; building world class and environment friendly infrastructure; and attracting brilliant and needy students.
Since inception, we have achieved multiple successes:
- Ranked 2nd amongst India's private biotech institutions by BioSpectrum 2012 & 2013
- Faculty of Management Sciences and Liberal Arts ranked 19th among Top Private Business Schools in India by Dainik Bhaskar 2014
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology awarded Most Upcoming Engineering College In North India by ASSOCHAM
- Awarded Best Upcoming Private Business School in 2013 by ASSOCHAM
- Rated A+++ Business School by Go Education
- ISO Certified 9001:2008
- Recognised for Excellent Research in Biotechnology Sciences by CCI & Gujarat Technological University.
- Ranked among India’s Most Admired Science & Technology Universities- C Fore 2015.
- Visionary Leader Award 2014 by CAREER OPTIONS for excellence in education at the 3rd Higher Education Summit, New Delhi- Awarded to Prof Atul Khosla.
- Innovation in placements Award in the 7th Innovative B School Award by DNA.
- Education Entrepreneur of the year 2012- ASSOCHAM
- Shiksha Ratan Award 2012 by AITMA- Awarded to Prof PK Khosla
- Ranked 5th in Research and Writing by GoEducation
- Nodal Remote Centre for IIT Bombay & IIT Kharagpur
- Nodal Online Examination Centre for TCS
- Awarded Great Place to Study 2014-16 by SkillTree
- Asia’s Best & Fastest Growing Institutes 2014-15 by WCRC Leaders Asia
- Campus Preparedness Award 2015 by Engineering Watch & Campus Management
The University received full recognition by UGC in our second year of operations; alliances with leaders such as Genpact, Anand Automotive Group, Seoul National University, Gachon University, University of Suwon and Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea; Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine; University of Ulster, Northern Ireland; Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan ‘DAMCO and Lanzhou University, China’. Shoolini students were placements in top companies in the year 2013. Furthermore, it chosen by DST, Government of India to run multiple national programmes; selected by various government ministries to execute important research projects; multiple reputed and internationally trained faculty; and delivering post graduate and PhD programs across our areas of focus – engineering and technology, biotechnology, management sciences and liberal arts, pharmaceutical and basic sciences.
Shoolini University is managed by academicians with proven record of their commitment for providing quality education, and by senior corporate leaders with promise for innovation and skills development. Its sprawling campus is a state-of-the-art facility located in the sylvan environs of the mid-Himalayan mountains, and is an ideal destination for academic romance and research pursuits.
Situated in the Shimla Hills, Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences has a sylvan campus on the Oachghat – Kumarhatti Road (Himachal State Highway 6) at an altitude of about 1500 meters. It is 15 km from Solan, 54 km from Chandigarh and 18 km from Dharampur. The University is easily approachable by road from Delhi, Chandigarh and Kalka. The nearest airport is at Chandigarh and Shimla, and the nearest broad gauge railway station is at Kalka, while the closest narrow gauge rail station is at Solan.