||Why Shoolini University?
|Shoolini University's Campus, located in a thick grove of pine trees, 14 km from Solan with cool summers and pleasant winters, is an ideal destination for academic romance. It has adopted research driven model and its strength emanates from.
Sound Governance and Cultural Heritage
• Governing Body is comprised of distinguished academicians, entrepreneurs, professional executives and consultants
• Prof PK Khosla, Vice Chancellor (former Vice Chancellor, HPAU, Palampur) is the Chief Executive of university's governance
• Meditation and yogic sciences constitute an integral part of the curricula
The Faculty of the University constitutes:
• A large number (12) of distinguished academic leaders
• A dozen foreign qualified teachers with Post-doc degrees from abroad
• Thirty per cent of teachers are PhDs; teacher taught ratio stands at 1:13
• Plans to have 100% PhD qualified faculty in next five years
• Wi-Fi Campus with 300 + computers
• Lap tops provided to MBA students
• Library with 15000 books, 100 journals and 12 on-line journals, and Wi-Fi Lab
• 40 Science Labs equipped with requisite equipment and instruments for teaching and research; a Central Instrumentation Lab for expensive equipments
• e-Labs, Language and Communication Labs are special features Academic Alliances and Linkages
• Development of alliances & linkages with international universities is in advance stage of finalization for student and faculty exchange
• MOUs have been signed Brilliant Students
• University intends to admit bright and brilliant students by providing quality education at an affordable cost
• Provision of scholarships and tuition fee waivers to meritorious students and also on merit-cum-means basis
• Institution of Earn-while you-Learn Scheme
Solan is well connected with New Delhi and other important cities of the country through the scenically interesting and fast running National Highway 22. It can be reached from Delhi (about 310 km) by train / road via Chandigarh/ Kalka. Chandigarh and Shimla are the nearest airports. Summers are pleasant here (the temperature rarely rises above 30°C), with winter temperatures often leading to slight snowfall. The place receives an average annual rainfall of 1200 mm and it lies at an altitude of about 1,500 m.
Solan district is the educational hub of the state and hosts the University of Horticulture and Forestry, Jaypee University of Information and Technology and four other state private universities, National Research Center for Mushroom, Zoological Survey of India, Central Research Institute, Dental, Engineering & Homeopathy colleges as well as reputed heritage public schools including Lawrence School, Sanawar